Homemade Background Plamp Test...

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Well its time I started using MP-E again but also to start making all the things I have been thinking/wanting to make.

First off is the plamp to hold the background cards....

Results first then the design.

1. Spanish Bluebells

IMG_7142
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_7143
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_7152
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_7151
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_7145
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_7147
by bthomas124, on Flickr

7. The Setup

Plamp testing
by bthomas124, on Flickr

I only used one of the bendy twisty thing and folded it over and twisted but don't think it is strong enough so need to put 2 together twist then fold it over.

All comments welcome and appreciated

:ty:

Cool effect

Bryn, we are clearly great minds....

Did the same thing for this... with a Wimberley plamp holding the card.

https://flic.kr/p/cQnZi3

Blooming hell Mark indeed great minds....

Can't believe you shot a flower shame colour with same background nearly identical shots.

I promise I havent been going through your back catalogue copying all your ideas. :p :sneaky:

:whistle::exit:

Blooming hell Mark indeed great minds....

Can't believe you shot a flower shame colour with same background nearly identical shots.

I promise I havent been going through your back catalogue copying all your ideas. :p :sneaky:

:whistle::exit:

If I see a single topless railway miniature in your pictures in the future.....

Great idea guys. Can I ask what size of clamp you use?

I have one of these. Chose this mainly because the name is awesome. Wimberley Plamp. Wimberley Plamp. Fun to say :) Fortunately it really works well too, great for holding plant stems steady in the breeze too.

http://www.tripodhead.com/products/plamp-main.cfm
Not as awesome a name as the Wimberley Gimbal Head, but that was way too expensive!!

Reactions: Ros
Sorry don't know the size without looking at packaging. The trigger clamp is the smallest you can buy from Wilkos and scissor clamp is from poundland set of 4 I do also have slightly larger ones.

The twisty things are also from poundland. ;)

So about £5 cost.

Edit: Poundland now have stiffer ones in there Garden Dept so have put 2 together and folded over this is going to be very strong. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Ros
Hmmm who's been using my glitter card idea then, tut tut tut!!!

Nicely done Bryn, it creates some nice bokeh.

Yes Neil but I have done it with style :p don't worry I won't tell everyone about all the ideas I've given you in the last month lmao :sneaky:

Thanks for the comment mate.

Back