Hookaway Hill

Edit My Images
Yes
This is a small bridge at the bottom of Hookaway Hill on the Somerset/Devon border

DSC_0065.jpg

All constructive criticism gratefully received as I have only just started trying to photograph landscapes

Well I would say you have done very well to capture this given how there is such differences in lighting.

There is detail in most of the shadows whilst at the same time the highlights are only just bordering on being blown out ( namely the waterfall) but even there there is enough detail to clearly see that it is flowing water.

Quite a demanding shot for any photographer...In addition the way in which you have composed the scene is imo very pleasing to the eye...Well done!

Forgot to ask, have you post processed this shot or is it pretty much straight out of the camera?

Thank you for the reply, its as it came out of the camera. Its the one I liked the most as I took quite a few similar ones with different settings (trying to work out what effect different settings have)

I'm assuming you possibly allowed the camera to meter for the light levels (Matrix setting??) not that there's is anything wrong with that.

Whatever settings you used, the result shows that they worked ok.

Understanding the differences each setting will make to any given image is exactly how you will learn how to obtain exactly what you want from your shots....

Practice, practice and practice but most of all enjoy it!

Back