Horse photoshoot

Name
Francesca Morrison
Edit My Images
Yes
Have been building up my portfolio aswell as doing some photoshoots :) would like some comments, what I can improve on in my shots and the processing side of things. would really appreciate it x

32475_412890620688_682690688_4893209_1123228_n.jpg

32475_412890660688_682690688_4893214_5792648_n.jpg

31305_413008540688_682690688_4897088_6333118_n.jpg

31305_413008565688_682690688_4897091_201341_n.jpg

31305_413177765688_682690688_4903442_1701053_n.jpg

31305_413177810688_682690688_4903446_5232986_n.jpg

For what it is worth, and I am far from being an expert in this, but I am not too sure what you are trying to achieve. You seem to concentrate on either the horse or the rider, or selected bits of each, instead of showing the synergy and dynamism of both in harmony. The one shot of an entire horse does not come across as being particularly dynamic as you cannot see all of the feet as they are hidden by the buttercups in the field. As I said, not an expert - just an uninformed opinion.

On the plus side, all the images are sharp.

For what it is worth, and I am far from being an expert in this, but I am not too sure what you are trying to achieve. You seem to concentrate on either the horse or the rider, or selected bits of each, instead of showing the synergy and dynamism of both in harmony. The one shot of an entire horse does not come across as being particularly dynamic as you cannot see all of the feet as they are hidden by the buttercups in the field. As I said, not an expert - just an uninformed opinion.

On the plus side, all the images are sharp.

I don't understand how you mean sorry, I'm probably being stupid but I asked her what sort of photos she wanted and this is the sort she wanted? How can I make them better to shots then???? lol

definatly just a personal view on these for me, but I really like number 3. And I think number 1 would have been improved by seeing the whole of the horse's face too. There's not a lot wrong with the rest, something just seemed more right about those 2.
I think the problem with the 3rd for me is that the tail sorta disappears into the BG.

Vi x

As I said,I am not expert and you asked for an opinion. At the end of the day, any photographer will takethe sort of image that a "customer wants". In that event, you have done exactly that. I was merely stating an opinion that is without expertise or artistic knowledge.

I have more shots from the photo shoot with horse and rider jumping, they wanted more jumping more than anything :)

I guess I am just trying to find my own style instead of copying other photographers. I appreciate your opinion, I was just a little confused at first.

I agree with the horse running as it looks abit under exposed on my monitor which I will fix :)

WOW they are all brilliant :D

One day I will be able to take photos like that!!

Many of these look over exposed and could do with some more contrast added. The first one, the girl looks so so pale, not healthy at all, i know girls like to paste there make up on but it don't look real it needs some skin tone.

Some of the shots look a little flat.

I would concentrate on getting more angles, I Like number 3 & 4.
Would suggest gettig down low on some shots, more with the rider + horse head.

Change your font on the advertising of your web site on the images.Something more apealing..

Just my opinion but i hope it helps....(y)

I like number 3 very much but not sure of the others
A few are overexposed and i agree that its good to get the bond between horse and owner in these type of photoshoots - often clients dont know what they want really but when choosing between horse shots, rider shots or horse & rider shots they go for the interaction ones mostly (like #3)

I like the idea with your galloping horse but its not the most flattering / sellable pose - i always try and get all 4's off the ground OR the moment just before this, with the hind leg down. I also would have a play with the background a bit, either a bit of cloning to tidy it up or use a wider aperture

All VERY sharp though which is fab

Thank you Natalie, This is my 2nd photo shoot - she was really happy with them and i discussed with her what sort of shots she wanted, she didn't want many posed ones, most of her jumping. with the galloping one i found it hard when I shoot in continuous mode as it is so slow sometimes - can't explain but always says busy after 3-4 shots. I also agree it looks under exposed so will give it ago in photoshop

Back