Horse Racing - Lingfield Park

Edit My Images
Yes
My first time photographing horses but it was a brilliant day and met some really nice people. John Francome (C4 Racing presenter) and Nick Luck (Racing UK and C4 Presenter) were really nice blokes and went out of their way to help me. (y)

Once again apologies for the amount. There are even more on my website :eek:

Me and John Francome

IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_12241.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

Emma Spencer - C4 Presenter :love:

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Frankie Dettori on the way to the course

IMG_1245.jpg

Last edited:
Some great shots there Chump, i'm probably going to Redcar races tomorrow, it'll be my first time too, what kit did you use, will my 100-400 be too long or my 24-105 be too short or should i just take both?

i used my 70-200 all day long. compared to some of the pro's there who had 500's, 600's i felt a bit puny bit it got me the shots i was after :)

i think i even saw a canon 1200mm lens unless my eyes were deceiving me :eek:

your 24-105 will be perfect for parade ring / winners enclosure shots.

thanks for the advice, think i'll take both anyway if i go.

well impressed with those... so clear, and spot on colours.

thanks for your comments - i am very pleased with them and hope to get back to another track soon :)

very nice set indeed, not very big those jockeys, are they

i only got 1 worth keeping when i went to Redcar, it's not very photographer friendly from the cheap section :D

You captured a lot of great/different moments from the track! I think my favorite was the 6th one? (jockey in purple silks). Really nice. I have a few from the track in my city last summer...if I can figure out how to post them... :)

What a great selection of shot!. Must get myself over to the new racecourse in Essex soon (My parents live just around the corner from it! (y)).

Some fantastic shots there, very well done, I love a day at the races with my camera - don't seem to get any as good as you though. Nice to actually shoot some 'stars' too - Frankie, Francome etc etc - I prefer the smaller tracks but it would be nice to get some of the more recognisable people caught.

P.s. Emma Spencer looks hot on your pic! Never used to liek her before! :love:

I think those shots are fab, really clear and crisp you should be well chuffed with them.

Excellent shots, you should be well proud of them!

Brilliant, very nice indeed. :)

Francome is looking old now.

Lisa

Shame the OP hasn't posted for 2 years now :)

It is a very nice picture.I like most second picture.Lingfield Park Racecourse is a horse racing course at Lingfield in Surrey, United Kingdom.It is the only all weather Polytrack course in Britain and offers year round Flat racing.

Looks like you had a very successful day.
John Francome uses the same high street bank as me, very chatty and genuine, top bloke!
Frankie looking his usual cheery self ;)

Last edited:
Fantastic selection of shots there :)

I like the 10th one down, looks like Dettori in blue and Spencer (horse with white face) about to battle out the finish.

Really shows the power and speed of these beasts (y)

:LOL::LOL:

Really enjoyed looking at these. The quality is brilliant. Not so sure I would have a bet with Big Jim mind!

The Sport of Kings and some really great shots here - well done

Very nice shots especially no.4.

Looks like a rare sunny day. Every time I go racing, it's always overcast making my pics dull and lifeless! :crying:

Back