Hotshoe flashguns compared

Interesting reading and shows the difference in assembly techniques - i.e. a small bit of silicone adhesive / screws can improve build quality at a very small material cost.................. but obviously the installation time costs money :)

Interesting read.

Another way to look at it might be that the YongNou and Shanny have been more intelligently engineered to reduce manufacturing costs.

From my experience in electronic repair all those connections in the LumoPro that the author seems to like are just an extra risk of possible failure.

IMO, most of the "electrical comments" are erroneous/misleading. But general build differences are relevant... and more importantly to us consumers, the differences you can't see.

At the price you pay for the lumopro 180R compared to the price of the shanny and yongnuos i would expect the more expensive to be "cleaner".
The added cost has to reflect somewhere in the product.

This is a strange one, I'd have liked to see a look inside a Canon or Nikon equivalent.

Some of the comments were valid but some misleading, using quick disconnects just leaves more options for failure that a soldered connection.

Also the Lumopro is quite a bit more expensive than the others so its not exactly like for like. Also feature wise the Yongnuo is way ahead of the others with full integration with the Canon RT system etc.

Interesting though.

Kenny G

Back