Houghton Mill, Cambridgeshire

Edit My Images
Yes
First time posting pics in this forum - but thought I'd better get on with it!

This mill still grinds flour every Sunday afternoon, its an NT property.
in Houghton, just outside of St Ives.

#1 the outside!
116690337-L.jpg

116691618-L.jpg

116693529-L.jpg

116694193-L.jpg

C&C welcome!

Love the tones in the interior shots - must visit as not far from us.

Ta - no not far at all! Love Ely too!

Lovely and sharp! well done!

A great introductory set Al ... (y)

The mono treatment really is spot on for the subject matter ... and well composed/exposed/processed they all are too ... ;)

Lovely tones and a good range of contrast detail too ... very interesting to the onlooker ... well me anyway ... :D

:p

Thanks Ven. I might post the colour set too see what you think! The B&W is done in RSP.

One from the nearby lock first..

116684133-L.jpg

Here's the same series in colour!

116691319-L-1.jpg

116693223-L-1.jpg

116693824-L-1.jpg

116694752-L-1.jpg

Very nice shots, prefer the B&W shots also, nothing wrong with the colour versions, but the processing of the B&W shots is spot on, they could have been taken 50 years ago or more for all I know (y)

Nope, have to disagree with the flow here. I think the colour shots are much better. Just look at the richness of the wood in that first one and the age of the timbers in the others and the contrast between the wood and the steel. Nope definitely the colour shots for me (y)

I'm with WetSparks, the colours of the wood are very nice

I'm going to sit on the fence with this one :D

I like both to be honest, the lighting is spot on and the colours of the wood are excellent , it's a shame to lose them in the B&W versions.

But I have to say the B&W conversions are spot on. I'd be happy with either of them. Well done. (y)

I spent a long time looking at that lock picture before I realised what I was looking at :)

Predictably, i suppose, I prefer the colour shots :) Where there are strong textures and a general lack of colour i can see the attraction of mono. Plenty of rich wood colours here though.

Thanks all, I have to say I like both versions too, each brings something!

Colour for me I'm afraid - all those lovely rich wood tones need the colour to show them off IMO. The B&W just doesn't do them justice

Back