How do UK suppliers justify their higher prices?

Everybody gave Starbucks a hard time for legally not paying UK tax. Everybody that wants to save money by buying from HK is doing exactly the same thing but actually illegally !

The MAJOR reason HK suppliers are so much cheaper is by you choosing to try to avoid UK import tax and VAT.

For me it's easy as I can claim the VAT back, I will always buy UK stock. Preferably from a high street shop I like and trust.

This particular subject appears to be a bit taboo on here, a few people (including me) have mentioned something similar on the Panamoz thread and it's generally ignored. When I received my package I couldn't believe how deceptive they had been, particuarly as I had paid nearly £20 a few days previously on a (correctly declared) $80 item from Taiwan. As long as it's cheap, eh...

Ironic really, as usually people are pretty good on here at supporting UK companies. I certainly won't be using them again, MPB and WEX have had 95% of my business previously and I will be going back to them.

Last edited:
It's the cost of the highstreet location + advertising + staff wages vs a website + a warehouse in Asia.
Same product though...

Back