Howletts Pallas

Name
Bat-Frog
Edit My Images
No
Unusual to get a decent look at the Howletts Pallas cats I'm told, so I was pleased to see him / her avidly watching a marauding troop of grey squirrels.
Shame about the fence distortion, but ya get what you're given :LOL:

Pallas1
by viv1969 on Talk Photography

Edit: Also amazed to see that these guys are about the size of a small house cat!

Didn't know you had a camera, Ruth! As you say, it's a shame about the fence distortion/softening but they're a fact of life (and let's face it, we're pretty glad some of their larger cousins are behind barriers of some sort!) Strange to see a cat with round pupils.

To be honest Nod, it had such a look in it's eye I wouldn't have been surprised to see it's eyes glowing red!

There was also a little girl looking at the sleeping tigers, absolutely in tears because daddy wouldn't let her go inside and stroke them :LOL:

Nice on Ruth. Not easy enclosures to get anything from (y)

Nice on Ruth. Not easy enclosures to get anything from (y)

I do so like howletts, but it can be an absolute bugger to shoot there!

There was also a little girl looking at the sleeping tigers, absolutely in tears because daddy wouldn't let her go inside and stroke them :LOL:
Didn't you offer to get the pictures and throw her over the wire? :D

Pallas can be quite secretive, you did well :)

Didn't you offer to get the pictures and throw her over the wire? :D

Pallas can be quite secretive, you did well :)

Thanks Chris :)
I thought about offering, but didn't fancy a punch in the snotter! :LOL:

Thanks Chris :)
I thought about offering, but didn't fancy a punch in the snotter! :LOL:
I've got away with it before :D
Some parents do think its funny :D

I actually saw the Pallas Cat on Saturday too...first time in a while

Beautiful light and pose a real shame about the blurry bit but as you say there's not much you can do about the fence
would love to see one of these

Oh, me of little brane! I'd completely forgotten that on our last trip down to DZP, the tigers were VERY interested in a sheep that was walking along the top of the bank just beyond their enclosure's wire! The Cheetah was also looking that way and licking its lips. Looking at old pix also shows me that all the big cats have round pupils.

Thanks again all for the comments :)

Back