I cant do flying...

Name
Jordie
Edit My Images
Yes
...Who else is with me.

I cant stand flying. scared of heights fear of it crashing. and all that.

When i am within seeing distance of he air control tower I start hyperventilating.

October last year was HELL!!! screaming babies me tearing up inside and loosing my nails on the arm rests.

This year 4 hours and 20 mins and 1990 miles of sheer hell. Oh and of course horrid plane meals.

It cant be as bad as the breakfast they serve :puke:

...Who else is with me.

I cant stand flying. scared of heights fear of it crashing. and all that.

When i am within seeing distance of he air control tower I start hyperventilating.

October last year was HELL!!! screaming babies me tearing up inside and loosing my nails on the arm rests.

This year 4 hours and 20 mins and 1990 miles of sheer hell. Oh and of course horrid plane meals.

It cant be as bad as the breakfast they serve :puke:

poor you being lucky enough to get a holiday this year, im sure their are plenty of poeple who would happily swap with you

i havent a problem with flying, i find the takeoff and landing exciting (especially the multiple landing-gasm provided by most ryanair flights...."there was a small plane on the runway so we had to circle and try again" = ******** you bottled it!) sandwiching a large chunk of boring painful monotony and NO I DONT WANT TO BUY A LOTTERY TICKET!

Last edited:
1)poor you being lucky enough to get a holiday this year, im sure their are plenty of poeple who would happily swap with you

i havent a problem with flying, i find the takeoff and landing exciting (especially the multiple landing-gasm provided by most ryanair flights...."there was a small plane on the runway so we had to circle and try again" = ******** you bottled it!) sandwiching a large chunk of boring painful monotony and NO I DONT WANT TO BUY A LOTTERY TICKET!

@1) we only have to pay for the flight and car, as the friends were going with parents own a villa over there. So only reason were going!

Taking off and landing... I HATE IT!!! when your up in the air its fine, cos you dont know your there kinda thing.

Edit:

Oh DF if you see this thread... IM WATCHING YOU!!!!:bat::bat::cautious:

Last edited:
Love flying!

I can't stand it, luckily my passport expired this year so that's a handy excuse not to fly for a bit.

4 hours 20 mins is nothing, 9 and a half hours to Kenya for our honeymoon is the most I've done.

S******g yourself for 9 and half hours really takes it out of you. Although the free bar before we got on the plane eased the pain for a while :D

I love flying, probably because of the association with holidays and nice things....mind you, airline food leaves something to be desired :puke:

The food is the last of my worries :razz:

What really annoys me is the people that fall asleep before take off and then wake up 5 minutes before landing. I've never even come close to sleeping on a plane before.

What really annoys me is the people that fall asleep before take off and then wake up 5 minutes before landing.
Sorry :( That'll be me.

I've spent the evening booking our next long weekend. 5 days, 3 flights, 4 hotels, one boat, 4 railway journeys, one day of car hire and one taxi ride. Love it :D

Aaaahh...you'd have loved one of my jobs last week - sat in a Lynx helicopter with the door open at 800-1,000 feet over Salisbury Plain, photographing Helicopter Landing Sites for the exercise we were on...
Several times the 'cab' banked right over so I could look straight down at the ground with only a lap-belt holding me in...Just for fun I'd lift my feet up and 'feel' the centrifugal force pinning me in...(there's no sensation of being about to fall out - it appears as though the scenery outside is moving relative to you while you remain upright...).

It's fun...who needs Alton Towers when we have lots of helicopters...?

Oh that's right...we don't, do we...lol

The food is the last of my worries :razz:

What really annoys me is the people that fall asleep before take off and then wake up 5 minutes before landing. I've never even come close to sleeping on a plane before.

I did coming back onthe way from Crete last year, but that was because Prince Caspien was playing :bang::bang:

Ever noticed how air crash victims have to be identified by their dental records.
If they don't know who you are how do they know who your dentist is?

I have a mega fear of flying. I used to be ok when I was younger but started to develop around the time I was 14 and now it's a full on phobia. I try not to let it stop me getting on a plane, I either get as drunk as possible (without being busted) or remain sober and start uncontrollably sobbing which usually panics people near me and starts them off... not cool.

worst bit is, I know how safe they are, I worked for an aerospace company and have an aerospace engineering degree :(

I think you'll find its to do with the surface area to weight ratio Jordie
I flap my arms like mad ....................but nope I can't do flying either :D

Kind of oblivious to it now to be honest. Half a dozen trips a year to California on business will do that to you!

Between now and the end of the year I need to visit the US twice, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and Belgium.

Wooo! :shake:

Not frightened of it, but hate it - total boredom and hanging around airports. Use to fly to work in Russia all the time. 1.5 hours to Schipol. 12 hours to Seoul. 3.5 hours to Sakhalin. 12 hours on a train and then 3 hours in a Toyota Landcruiser just to get there... and the same in reverse coming home...

Love flying, but can't do boats. I have an inner ear problem which affects my balance with fore-aft rocking movement. Can't ski or do skateboards etc. either for the same reason. Can't even sit on a see-saw - well I can, but I fall over as soon as I get off because the world is still moving.

I love flying, that feeling of power when the engines hit full throttle and the brake is released. Woooo......

Then again i flown in and out of this airport in one of these twin engine planes, dodging the mountains in low cloud!!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uNqY9UY_82E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uNqY9UY_82E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

From Wiki: Runway characteristics include 527m of bitumen runway. The width is 20m and the runway incline is a staggering 12%, There is about a 700-metre (2,000 ft) angled drop at the end of the runway to the valley below.

Also found this video of a take of to show the terrain flown through - http://www.flickr.com/photos/27999625@N08/3542071173/

Mind you i've got a 28 hour flight to NZ coming at the end of September so my opinions my well change!!

Last edited:
Kind of a non event for me. Was flying around a lot in my last job, took over 300 flights in last 6 years. Now when people suggest holidays to me all I want is somewhere nice in the UK. Can no longer associate airports with holidays. Even worse was that I was an aircraft engineer, so I spent my working days around airports as well!!!

I used to be scared of flying. Actually the only bits I couldn't handle were take-off, landing and banking. Not much left then really!

Then went off to Oz for 3 weeks. 6 plane flights (2 of 13 hours) and a 3-seat chopper later - still don't like banking - everything else is cool! Only been on 2 dodgy flights since (1 bad bouncy landing and 1 VERY late bank down to the airport), but much better now.

Actually that trip to Oz cleared my fear of heights and spiders too (so we went back!).

Last flew in a 16 seat heli last summer. Before that was the second trip to Oz. The UK has a lot to offer if you want to go out and find it.

I'm in the fall asleep before take off, wake on landing group I'm afraid, I'll sleep on anything that's moving (y)

I do remember one flight back from Chicago with extreme turbulence (proper crash bang and drop a hundred foot or so stuff) half-way through serving a meal. In the middle section one woman was trying to eat as her foil tray bounced around whilst the woman next to her threw up into the sick bag. I grinned and turned over for a nap ;)

I did a cabled (??) glider flight a few years back and as we're waiting to go the instructor tells me not to worry about the flight in front as the guy is learing to fly and will do a simulated cable snap so he'll suddenly dive at the runway. Yep, our turn came and the cable snapped for real which was, er, exciting but made the next attempt seem pretty dull :LOL:

The day is coming closer 17 days left!

Camera battery is charged. Atm. Possibly use it before then so you know.

The day is coming closer 17 days left!

Camera battery is charged. Atm. Possibly use it before then so you know.

dont forget to tell your friends the name of your dentist ,,,and have a good time:D

dont forget to tell your friends the name of your dentist ,,,and have a good time:D

I'll leave a piece of paper with my dental surgery on it :p oh and my name!

Well my dad nearly wasnt coming :LOL:

he realised his passport ran out in May.

Off to Peterbourgh to get it renewed

Cos its already booked. I have no choice in it!

You lucky people having not been in a plane. Took me 15 years to go up in one though.

September '08 : Long weekend to Germany for a gig

October '08 : Crete fo my family holiday. Week away from school. Oh the joys. Only had a month till my maths exam o_O WHICH I PASSED IN JANUARY :D

A guy at work is that terrified of flying he drives to the south of france every year on holiday, he seems to ignore the thousands of road deaths annually in the UK compared to the handful of air fatalities worldwide.

I think it's the thought of falling 35,000 feet while still alive that's so worrying, it's never bothered me because the chances of being involved are so remote.

though I did read a couple of weeks ago a passenger due to fly on that air france plane that crashed missed the flight but was killed in a car crash a couple of weeks later , a true final destination moment

http://www.airfrance447.com/06/10/italian-who-missed-af-447-flight-dies-in-car-crash/

Yes indeed. >.< I should really stop reading all these death posts. making me feel so much better about it :bang:

hate flying, the novelty wears of pretty quick when your doing long haul flights every 6 weeks straight into a 12hr shift at the other end

Flying :thumbsdown:

Yes indeed. >.< I should really stop reading all these death posts. making me feel so much better about it :bang:

what sort of responses did you think you were going to get :LOL:

Back