..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
Just had this shot done in 30"x20" ..

CHARL_WEB.jpg

Just finished putting it into the frame. Like I say I do like to see a photo printed out at a decent size..

Lol Its larger than the boy himself..

Do you print many out large.!! ?

MD

I only ever get canvases that big, where did you get it done?

Not as many as I should, probably but I have limited wall space!

A3 is the biggest I usually go, since I do my own printing. If I had a bigger printer, I would be wallpapering the house with prints!

I only ever get canvases that big, where did you get it done?

Loxley.

I have to admit the prints do come out well and imho Look as good if not better than canvas ...!! And alot cheaper lol

MD

How much was one that size?

£13.49p
+ postage.
Frame was from the RANGE £12.49p
But as I was making a order I just added it on..

MD(y)

£13.49p
+ postage.

MD(y)

Sounds really good to me. Might be doing a few of them as Christmas presents.

Nice one David. Loxley prints are worth the extra imo. Will look great hanging up I reckon (y)

nice one dave (y)

i recently had a print done of charlotte at the same size and from loxley and to be fair they do look good.

sean

If I ever take a picture of that quality I will get it printed that size. A4 is as brave as I am at the moment. (still small enough to hide the mistakes !)

Nice one David. Loxley prints are worth the extra imo. Will look great hanging up I reckon (y)

Thanks Ryan I only use Loxley for prints clients or personal...(y)

nice one dave (y)

i recently had a print done of charlotte at the same size and from loxley and to be fair they do look good.

sean

EYE PIECE.:nono: " Personal joke " Thanks ED34:wave:

MD(y)

If I ever take a picture of that quality I will get it printed that size. A4 is as brave as I am at the moment. (still small enough to hide the mistakes !)

Very kind of you to say so.

This one will go into the garage.. :LOL: I would not have him on the wall that big. He is bad enough in real life...(y)

MD

That is a very reasonable price for that size, I thought it would be waaaay more.

I take it that it wasn't from one of your low res images then. :p

Nice shot Simon.. I see you even managed star trails..:clap: Tis a nice image.

MD(y)

That is a very reasonable price for that size, I thought it would be waaaay more.

I take it that it wasn't from one of your low res images then. :p

:LOL:

You know what I am tempted to try it ... I showed someone the A3 low res image last night and they said. Ohh thats nice. Just goes to prove Joe bloggs does not look at a image like us...

MD

:LOL:

You know what I am tempted to try it ... I showed someone the A3 low res image last night and they said. Ohh thats nice. Just goes to prove Joe bloggs does not look at a image like us...

MD

Try it, try it. You know you want to. :D

As for perception of images I really noticed how mines has changed since joining here and thinking about images today. I was with an estate agent and he was showing me samples of the publicity material for house sales. He wasn't too pleased when I pointed out that the pics in his glossy brochure looked like they had been shrunk then blown up for printing and I started pointing out all the fuzzy bits etc. He said that is exactly what had happened and now that I mentioned it he could see it. He went off to have a "word" with the office about it. I almost offered to do freelance work for the firm as I reckon even I could take better pics than some of the ones they use, but I didn't as I am no way near charging for work.

£13.49p
+ postage.

MD(y)

that’s a good price for a frame, I sell a few large prints but struggle to find cost effective framing for them, and when I do I feel it can often make the print seem expensive.

Nice shot Simon.. I see you even managed star trails..:clap: Tis a nice image.

MD(y)

Thanks MD... In the excitement and looking out my image to share I forgot to say how much I liked yours too.. DOH :bang:

There is something about the larger prints for the wall..

My pic is a combination.. Light painted the rails after the train had passed...

you have more money than sense IMO

And the reason for this comment is... ? :thinking:

I had a large print framed of one of my boys ;) And to show people what they could have if they wanted...

How does this make me have more money than sense :shrug: And IMHO £30 for a framed print that size is nothing.....

MD:shrug:

Why have you removed it Dave?? i wanna see it!

How do you stop prints from crinkling up n the fames?? i put some pics in a nice frame a few weeks ago, they have gone all crinkly now.. i thought that was caused by being in a damp environment! but this was in the house!!

White cat in snow???
Can't see anything :-(

My Brother in law asked me yesterday to print one of my pictures out for his kitchen wall.
I asked him what size he wanted and showed him one of my A2 prints. Bigger he said!

So Ive now placed an order for a 45x30! Cant wait to see it.

Still need to get frames for my A2 prints, but they arent very cheap.

I never used to get prints bigger than 20 x 16 but recently i've been asked for 30 x 20's and i used photobox and their pro paper, gotta say i'm rather impressed, definetly better quality than the normal stuff.

If you're not too fussy and just want fairly good wooden frames at a decent price then try somewhere like The Range.

I recently decided to print at least 1 photo every month or so at 30x20. I have done 2 so far with 2 frames, and I'll be cycling to a new one every few months.

They definitely look much better hanging on a wall at that size. I have done 18x12 prints before but bigger is better (y)

My Brother in law asked me yesterday to print one of my pictures out for his kitchen wall.
I asked him what size he wanted and showed him one of my A2 prints. Bigger he said!

So Ive now placed an order for a 45x30! Cant wait to see it.

do you know where to find frames for a 45x30? :D

I recently decided to print at least 1 photo every month or so at 30x20. I have done 2 so far with 2 frames, and I'll be cycling to a new one every few months.

They definitely look much better hanging on a wall at that size. I have done 18x12 prints before but bigger is better (y)

do you know where to find frames for a 45x30? :D

Nope, and not my problem, he asked me for a print, not a frame! :LOL:

Ive actualy got one here from Ikea with an A2 in it, but its mounted, so there is loads of room left. You could probably get the 45x30 in there and fill the frame.

Nope, and not my problem, he asked me for a print, not a frame! :LOL:

Ive actualy got one here from Ikea with an A2 in it, but its mounted, so there is loads of room left. You could probably get the 45x30 in there and fill the frame.

haha.. fair enough :D

I'll take a look at Ikea...

Back