I Fancy A Challenge, Anyone Else?

Yeh, I see your point Nick. What about if we split it into 2 and have 2 cameras doing the same challenge? We just need another small, cheap snapper to send into the great unknown.

Andy

I'm sure I have something that will fit the bill ;)

I'm sure I have something that will fit the bill ;)

Thats the spirit..(y) I had a feeling you might have a little something that would do the trick.

Thats the spirit..(y) I had a feeling you might have a little something that would do the trick.

I'm thinking either a little Ricoh 500 or a Konica CS, small, fairly simple and cheaper to post than a Yashica GTN.

Yep, either of those would fit the bill.

Been a bit busy this past week so not had time to get this up and running but I'm just running a film through the camera to make sure its all working ok then we can get started next week.

Nick, do you think we should still send out a couple of cameras to speed things up?

Cheers

Andy

FYI I'm going away on Tuesday, so won't be around till the start of next month, so if you end up with a listy thing, whack me at the end :)

Simon

OK Simon, will do.

Been a bit busy this past week so not had time to get this up and running but I'm just running a film through the camera to make sure its all working ok then we can get started next week.

Nick, do you think we should still send out a couple of cameras to speed things up?

Cheers

Andy

Cameras tested and film being processed as I type, 2 cameras doing the rounds would be best I think, it should speed things up and give everybody a chance to take pics before we hit the depths of winter :LOL:

is there space for me please?

......don't mind being at the end, weather might be better then!:LOL:

Heather

Last edited:
is there space for me please?

......don't mind being at the end, weather might be better then!:LOL:

Heather

Plenty of room Heather. (y)

Andy

OK here's the final list,

Yashica ME
Mind of Mel (Mel)
Simon Photo (Simon)
RobHooley (Rob)
Simon Ess (Simon)
ChrisR (Chris)
Onform (Matt)
FruitFlakes (Lloyd)
Andysnap (Andy)

Ricoh 500 or Konica CS
Menthel (Jim)
Mahoneyd187 (Danny)
Strappy (Dean)
JCoquillon (Justin)
SimonUK (Simon)
HappyGoLucky (Andrew)
Tigger.UFO (Heather)
Raglan Surf (Nick)

Nick and I will send off the cameras to the first person on the list and PM them a theme. Each person should take 1 shot from within 3 feet of their front door and then 3 shots around the theme provided then send on the camera to the next person on their list e.g I send the Yashica to Mind of Mel he takes his shots and sends it on to Simon Photo etc.
Nick and I recieve the cameras last, finish off the roll and get them devved and put up in a thread on here. Simples. (y)

You will only have 7 days from receipt of the camera to take your shots and forward it on, any transgression will be punished :bat: :D

I shall have a camera ready to go by friday so Mel should have it on monday.

You ok to go on friday Nick?

Andy

Last edited:
Oh, quick question, same theme for all or do we PM a new theme to the next person on the list?

Yep, new theme for each person so get your thinking caps on.

Andy

Yep. I'm ready to go.
The Konica C35 has been tested and is performing very well and it's fitted with a new battery.
I'm just trying to decide what film to put in it, what are you going for Andy? Bearing in mind the fairly crap weather I might put in a 400 ASA b&w film which should give people a bit of a fighting chance.

Good stuff, Andy (y)

Out of interest, what film are you loading?

Not sure yet, probably something in b&w. I shall have to have root and see whats in the fridge.

Andy

Right, we're off and running. I met up with Jim this lunchtime and gave him the Konica C35 and a roll of HP5 which we have rated at 200asa to give the camera a little more chance of coping with the sudden arrival of something folks round here are calling "sunshine".

He has his theme and 7 days starting from now to get ihis shots shot and posted off to the next recipient in this bizarre photographic chain letter.

Right, we're off and running. I met up with Jim this lunchtime and gave him the Konica C35 and a roll of HP5 which we have rated at 200asa to give the camera a little more chance of coping with the sudden arrival of something folks round here are calling "sunshine".

He has his theme and 7 days starting from now to get ihis shots shot and posted off to the next recipient in this bizarre photographic chain letter.

Good to meet up Nick, as well as getting a little shopping done! My first task it to find a decent shot from my front door! The theme is a little easier...

Cool, my little Yashica (sounds vaguely familiar :thinking:) will be on its way tomorrow or Saturday to Mind of Mel.

Mel I shall PM you for your address. (y)

Andy

Keep calm, it will soon be with you.

Andy

Slight change of plan chaps and chapettes. The Yash is donald (as in ducked) and is focusing about as well as Mr Magoo so my half of the draw will be receiving

(Sound of triumphant trumpeting)

An Olympus Trip

As a consequence of being distracted by other things I failed to get to the Post Office so I will post it on monday so Mel can begin on Tuesday.

Cheers

Andy

Slight change of plan chaps and chapettes. The Yash is donald (as in ducked) and is focusing about as well as Mr Magoo so my half of the draw will be receiving

An Olympus Trip

As a consequence of being distracted by other things I failed to get to the Post Office so I will post it on monday so Mel can begin on Tuesday.

Cheers

Andy

Ooooh interesting (y)

An Olympus Trip

Ah. Never mind, at least I get a chance to see if your Trip pops its red flag up as often as my Trip does!

Slightly off point, but is there a way of working out what settings the Trip has chosen? Ie 1/40 vs 1/200, and what aperture?

Right, I am done with the c35. Have sent Danny a pm and will post on with theme etc.

Well done Jim, off to a brilliant start (y)

It's not that I'm competitive but I suggest the team that is the last to complete their challenge and get their photo's posted on TP has to buy the winning team a beer each the next time we all get together for an F&C group hug :LOL:

Come on my team......(I'm not competetive either).

Mel should have recieved the Trip today so we should all be up and running now.

Andy

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Be careful Nick that many beers might make southern softies poorly bad. :beer::beer::beer::puke: :D

Have not kept up to date with this thread at all and have a million and one things going on right now so unfortunately I'm going to have to withdraw from the fun :(

Mahoneyd187 said:
Have not kept up to date with this thread at all and have a million and one things going on right now so unfortunately I'm going to have to withdraw from the fun :(

Do we need a sub or do I go to the next in the list?

Back