I have a Job Interview

Name
Terri
Edit My Images
Yes
Well at last i have got a job interview I am not the brightest spark so it isn't as a brain surgeon. but it is an interview and boy do i need a job.

Well at last i have got a job interview I am not the brightest spark so it isn't as a brain surgeon. but it is an interview and boy do i need a job.

Wonderful :) hope it goes well :D

Yes hope it goes well for you

Fingers crossed :)

Hope it goes well for you!

Good luck, Terri - fingers and toes crossed.

Good luck Terri!

Just remember if you don't know then don't buls*** just say you are happy to learn new skills. Keep calm and collected what's the worst that can happen, your not going to die.

Most of all good luck.

Good advice from Chris and Kev.

Prepare and then prepare - find out about the company, show an interest in what they do and any future plans and before you go make a list of questions about the company and the job. Don't ask about holidays, sick benefit until they offer you the job. A good question is to ask what skills/qualities they are looking for then confirm how you either meet them or are keen to learn them. Sorry don't know your experience or age so hope comments aren't condescending.

Good luck.

Thank you all again and thank you for the advice. Done as much prep as I can only got the call late this afternoon interview tomorrow morning. it is only part time but a job is a job if i get it.

Fingers crossed!

Good luck!!

At the end of the interview, provided you actually want the job, look them in the eye and say "I want this job". It's not exactly a Jedi mind trick but its always worked for me.

Thoughts are with you T.

Hope it's going well. Best of luck.

The suspense... :)

Ok it seems to have gone well and i will hear tomorrow afternoon at the latest if i have it or not. was more of a case of when i start than if i start. will keep you informed..

thank you again everyone means allot

Great stuff, fingers crossed then

Farr Tea shop.. lol very funny. it is not glam and it is not brill but a job is a job when you don't have one.

didn't get the phone call so it seems i didn't get the job. never mind

Sorry to hear that, been there myself, waiting for "the" phone call. It's really annoying/upsetting when an applicant doesn't hear back from an interview, especially as you'd been told you would. Hopefully something else will turn up soon, try not to let it ruin your weekend.

of all the things that happened or didn't yesterday this is the least of the things that will have dampened my weekend...but yes i am annoyed they said they would ring..

of all the things that happened or didn't yesterday this is the least of the things that will have dampened my weekend...but yes i am annoyed they said they would ring..

In that case, they were not worth working for, if they can't make the effort to make a quick call when they said they would...imagine what other things they could be slack about, chin up and move on !!!

Have you given any thought about working for yourself instead of waiting for a job to go after?

I did and bought a boarding kennels and cattery which was in a poor state and built up the business. Best move I ever made, yes long hours no weekends off etc but working with animals makes up for it. No bosses telling you what to do "apart from er indoors" , coffee breaks when you want and meeting lots of nice people. I love it and have done for 20 years. Bonus is all the money is yours not going to someone elses business

Last edited:
In that case, they were not worth working for, if they can't make the effort to make a quick call when they said they would...imagine what other things they could be slack about, chin up and move on !!!

thank you and i hadn't thought of that.

Have you given any thought about working for yourself instead of waiting for a job to go after?

I did and bought a boarding kennels and cattery which was in a poor state and built up the business. Best move I ever made, yes long hours no weekends off etc but working with animals makes up for it. No bosses telling you what to do "apart from er indoors" , coffee breaks when you want and meeting lots of nice people. I love it and have done for 20 years. Bonus is all the money is yours not going to someone elses business

I would love to but it is all about money which i don't have at the moment. Maybe one day..

I'd ring them Terri. If it's a company that operate over the weekend and the person in charge is likely to be there, phone them now! :D

I am going to ring them later today as i know that they are at the busy end of the day, but yes i am going to ring even if only for feed back..

Back