I have been published!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Matt. It's a great feeling and don't let anything anyone says take that away from you.

Well, I have to say that I am really disappointed with this. I saw the thread title and got all excited....imagine the anti-climax when I realized that Matt hadn't had his first book of jokes published :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously Matt, well done mate :clap:

I hope that this is an omen for good things - and money - to come in the future. (y)

Well done, they fly Fifers ken how to sell papers!

Well done Matt but couldnt you have got a bit closer? Forget the wheel and the sparks, where's the detailling??

Well chuffed for you (y)

Congrats!

Thank you!!

Hey Matt,
I only just found this thread. Chuffed to bits for you mate. You did well. Lets hope you get many more.

Kev

Thank you!!

Congrats Matt, great feeling eh

LesF

It certainly is, thank you.

Must be a great feeling. Well done Matt

It truly is, thank you!

Well done fella, really pleased for you! (y)

Thank you.

Congrats Matt. 'tis a great shot and deserves to be published.

Thank you!

Congrat's Matt. good on ya..

Nigel

Thank you!

Nice one Matt. (y):clap:

Thank you!!

Well done Matt. It's a great feeling and don't let anything anyone says take that away from you.

Thank you!!

Well, I have to say that I am really disappointed with this. I saw the thread title and got all excited....imagine the anti-climax when I realized that Matt hadn't had his first book of jokes published :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously Matt, well done mate :clap:

I hope that this is an omen for good things - and money - to come in the future. (y)

:LOL:

Thank you!

Me to!!

Well done, they fly Fifers ken how to sell papers!

Thank you!

Well done Matt but couldnt you have got a bit closer? Forget the wheel and the sparks, where's the detailling??

Well chuffed for you (y)

Thank you!

On the back of Matts ticket for this event, it states he is not allowed to take photos for commercial use/gain. As he wasn't a Media photographer for the event, he wouldn't have been able to sell the photo.
Well Done Matt by the way. You now need to find someone to take photos for and get yourself the right side of the fence. Best of Luck to you. (y)

Well Done Matt, Okay the East Fife paper isn't anything big but its still a start, even if you dont get paid for your photo dont let that put you off, Keep submitting things - people get to know about something you love, and you got to submit a picture of something that you enjoy and you'll soon get recongised for what you do. The papers will appreciate what you have submitted, as I'm sure your racing people do as well.
I remember the first time I ever got something published, it was one of my Elgin City Football photos (Football is'nt even me 'main' photography sport) and I was delighted, I kept submitting both my local rally driver pics and football pics and now i'm working for the Northern Scot at local football etc and then got asked to cover my local Rally for the paper, got about 6 photos in from that and I was delighted!
Like me your young (i'm 14) and your photos have improved so much this year, best of luck in the future Matt.

Daniel

Last edited:
How did I miss this thread:shrug: Well done on getting you first photo published Matt:clap: With a bit of luck (and no small amount of hard work) in a couple of years time this will be an every day occurrence for you;) You've started at just the right age and you obviously have the commitment so go for it mate(y) And you'll make a far better pro tog than you would comedian:razz:

On the back of Matts ticket for this event, it states he is not allowed to take photos for commercial use/gain. As he wasn't a Media photographer for the event, he wouldn't have been able to sell the photo.
Well Done Matt by the way. You now need to find someone to take photos for and get yourself the right side of the fence. Best of Luck to you. (y)

thats a bit like the label on a cotton bud that says not to stick it in your ears

Aye, they wrap them round a fish supper - does wonders for the circulation*

*Obviously the paper's and not that of the person eating the bits of deep-fried sea creature

Cheeky!! :LOL:

Well Done Matt by the way. You now need to find someone to take photos for and get yourself the right side of the fence. Best of Luck to you. :

Yeah, and :LOL:

Thank you for that!!

Thank you!! I will have to wait a year or so before I get to the other side!

Congrats Matt Well done

Thank you!

Well Done Matt, Okay the East Fife paper isn't anything big but its still a start, even if you dont get paid for your photo dont let that put you off, Keep submitting things - people get to know about something you love, and you got to submit a picture of something that you enjoy and you'll soon get recongised for what you do. The papers will appreciate what you have submitted, as I'm sure your racing people do as well.
I remember the first time I ever got something published, it was one of my Elgin City Football photos (Football is'nt even me 'main' photography sport) and I was delighted, I kept submitting both my local rally driver pics and football pics and now i'm working for the Northern Scot at local football etc and then got asked to cover my local Rally for the paper, got about 6 photos in from that and I was delighted!
Like me your young (i'm 14) and your photos have improved so much this year, best of luck in the future Matt.

Daniel

Wow, sounds like you have a bright future. Keep at it!! Great stuff.

Thank you!!

How did I miss this thread:shrug: Well done on getting you first photo published Matt. With a bit of luck (and no small amount of hard work) in a couple of years time this will be an every day occurrence for you;) You've started at just the right age and you obviously have the commitment so go for it mate(y) And you'll make a far better pro tog than you would comedian:razz:

:nono:

Thank you for the kind words!!

Cheeky git :LOL:

the whole irony of this thread (and the heated discussion) is that Matt did get paid. He didnt get paid by the newspaper but the driver paid him for quite a few of his shots.

Maybe I should have mentioned that :thinking:

thats a bit like the label on a cotton bud that says not to stick it in your ears

:LOL:

Mixed feelings on this one, well done for getting it, but i can see where the others are coming from. One problem with this little papers like that will generally not be willing or have any interest in aiding your career.

Have often pondered the legel aspect myself. knowing my luck id have the book thrown at me.

Getting media accreditation can be very hard, depending on what level you want to get to, i very much doubt i'll any as i havent the time to jump though the hoops most outlets that will get you the requirements want you to, even if i was good enough.

Perfect age Matt to get into too it once your old enough to actually get the relevant insurances, but you best bet is the local rags to Oulton.

Well done and congratulations.

Thank you!!

Mixed feelings on this one, well done for getting it, but i can see where the others are coming from. One problem with this little papers like that will generally not be willing or have any interest in aiding your career.

Have often pondered the legel aspect myself. knowing my luck id have the book thrown at me.

Getting media accreditation can be very hard, depending on what level you want to get to, i very much doubt i'll any as i havent the time to jump though the hoops most outlets that will get you the requirements want you to, even if i was good enough.

Perfect age Matt to get into too it once your old enough to actually get the relevant insurances, but you best bet is the local rags to Oulton.

Yeah, i knew you would have something to say on the free bit :LOL:

I am trying to get 'in' with the local rag atm. They currently have my portfolo and are going to contact me soon.

Thank you!!

Yeah, i knew you would have something to say on the free bit :LOL:

I am trying to get 'in' with the local rag atm. They currently have my portfolo and are going to contact me soon.

Thank you!!

Tbh mate it dosnt really bother me, i did think about it earlier this year, but i have seen and heard of many good togs quiting through lost earning, but also many giving it away as they can afford to for a while, but then when they can no longer afford to fund it them self the people would go else where rather then offer any payment or support as there was others that would be willing to give it for free.

Just something to be aware off.

Good luck with the local rags, better start practicing some sports too mate if thats what your after for a living.

Tbh mate it dosnt really bother me, i did think about it earlier this year, but i have seen and heard of many good togs quiting through lost earning, but also many giving it away as they can afford to for a while, but then when they can no longer afford to fund it them self the people would go else where rather then offer any payment or support as there was others that would be willing to give it for free.

Just something to be aware off.

Good luck with the local rags, better start practicing some sports too mate if thats what your after for a living.

Fariy nuff. I just didnt want to risk losing the picture being in the paper!!

I hve sold the pictures to the driver.

Thank you! I hope I dont have to do football matches on a Saturday afternoon instead of Oulton :bang: But if thats what it takes...

You want your local newspaper editor to think - I need a photographer and all my staff togs are busy - who shall I call first?

Versatility is important. Being able to submit a story at the same time is useful.

Last edited:
Fariy nuff. I just didnt want to risk losing the picture being in the paper!!

I hve sold the pictures to the driver.

Thank you! I hope I dont have to do football matches on a Saturday afternoon instead of Oulton :bang: But if thats what it takes...

It would be perhaps be wise of you to not publicise that you have sold the images to the driver, Mr Palmer amongst others may frown upon it and restrict yours and others access, just a thought Matt !

You want your local newspaper editor to thing - I need a photographer and all my staff togs are busy - who shall I call first?

Versatility is important. Being able to submit a story at the same time is useful.

Yeah that is a good point!!

Btw thank you for telling me to get in touch with the drivers local papers. If it wasnt for you this thread wouldnt ahve exsited (y)

It would be perhaps be wise of you to not publicise that you have sold the images to the driver, Mr Palmer amongst others may frown upon it and restrict yours and others access, just a thought Matt !

Me? sold it? Nah, a breach of the rules that :LOL:

I dont really think he is going to say 'no cameras at my events'. That would be a lot of ticket sales gone.

Me? sold it? Nah, a breach of the rules that :LOL:

I dont really think he is going to say 'no cameras at my events'. That would be a lot of ticket sales gone.

Matt, this is the internet, you are saying that you have sold the images to the driver, it wouldn't take a genius to work out who you are, that you didn't declare the income from the sales and you are breaching the contract of entry to the event.

Me I couldn't care less, just be careful matey, thats all :)

Cant see Mr Palmer restricitng access of camera's, just think of how many threads appear viewed the world over promoting his tracks all for free, fine for the tog possible.

And yes Matt all sports may need covering then once you done enough and proved good enough then you might get them appling for any accredition for the events you want to attend. Thats how a number of very good togs i know started.

Matt, this is the internet, you are saying that you have sold the images to the driver, it wouldn't take a genius to work out who you are, that you didn't declare the income from the sales and you are breaching the contract of entry to the event.

Me I couldn't care less, just be careful matey, thats all :)

Yeah, I suppose. All well, will just have to be careful. Also I could say I aint old enough for I media pass. I ahve tried but failed due to my age.

Thanks for looking out for me (y)

Cant see Mr Palmer restricitng access of camera's, just think of how many threads appear viewed the world over promoting his tracks all for free, fine for the tog possible.

And yes Matt all sports may need covering then once you done enough and proved good enough then you might get them appling for any accredition for the events you want to attend. Thats how a number of very good togs i know started.

If thats what it takes then so be it. Will be wort it in the long run (y)

Just seen this Matt - VERY WELL DONE!

Thank you very much.

Yeah, I suppose. All well, will just have to be careful. Also I could say I aint old enough for I media pass. I ahve tried but failed due to my age.

Thanks for looking out for me (y)

No problem fella, well done on getting published, just be careful and think about things, I have no doubt you will get trackside when age allows and I wish you all the best, go for it dude, think though, have a strategy !

No problem fella, well done on getting published, just be careful and think about things, I have no doubt you will get trackside when age allows and I wish you all the best, go for it dude, think though, have a strategy !

Thank you!!!

I will watch me back. Thank you.

Hey!

Surely all this talk of ethics and legality could be saved for a seperate thread?

Let's just congratulate Matt and wish him every success for the future!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Matt, you are reading wrong, no need to watch your back, that sounds like a threat has been made, it hasn't, certainly not by me anyway but think about who is looking on the forums, think about what you say etc !

No you are reading it wrong :LOL: I meant that I will be careful what I decale and what I dont declare ;)

Congratulations Matt, its well deserved.(y)

Spence

Thank you!!

Hey!

Surely all this talk of ethics and legality could be saved for a seperate thread?

Let's just congratulate Matt and wish him every success for the future!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

They are just people who ahve helped me and given me adivce. They are just looking out for me to make sure I am safe and not going to in trouble (y)

Thank you!!!

I think it's absolutely fantastic/disgraceful Matt sold/didn't sell his photographs and did/didn't get paid. I wish him many more sales/hopes he gets caught and publicly flogged by Dr Palmer*

*Delete as appropriate

Back