I never new Tortoises were so fast!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Trying to come to terms with using white backgrounds and lighting but I'm afraid I've a plenty to learn yet :bang: took these this evening and would REALLY appreciate any help and CC, also any processing tricks that would inhance

Thanks for looking :)

Smile Please!
tort_11.jpg

Get me out of here!!
tort_2.jpg

Nice shots! I love tortoises, they look like such little characters! The first one is great, nice detail :) the second one would be better if u had got the tortoise's head more in focus rather than its shell...just imo. I'm afraid I cant help you with any technical stuff! :LOL: the lighting looks pretty good to me :)

Hi DaveP

Sorry I don't want to Hijack your thread but here's a shot of our female Herman Tortoise, just though you might like to see her she is 7 years old now we have had her from 8 months old, and a right character. Love the expression on the first 1, good POV on both

1313717619_99856bb9fb_o.jpg

Please don't comment on my pic

Dave

Love the first one, its a great shot. I have to be honest though Im not sure it suits a white background. Although if youre practising lighting its a great idea. :)

Toothie - Thanks for the comments and yes I'm just trying to learn about lighting

davenjulie - Thanks and what a cracking looking lady, I must admit when my kids talked me into getting our's I was sceptical as I thought they'd be a little boring but oh my god he's more trouble than the dog...and yes they definatley have a personnality.... - Just got to add we named our's after Gibbo who is also a TT member :LOL:

HanC - Thanks for the comments

Dave

I don't like the second shot, I LOVE IT

The way you have focused in on the shell and not the face is perfection

(y)

Hello DaveP Like the first shot looks like the work is paying off. :clap:
The second one would have been a good one if the head (eyes) had been in focus. :|
If hes mooving too fast try him in the garden where it might slow him down a bit still use the reflectors etc and shoot away as he moves into shot (y)

Techno-Geek i'd like to say i ment to focus on the shell and not the face but the little swine decided to make a dash for freedom!!!!!!!!!

Ewan - I know and as above the swine moved

Gibbo - Thanks for the comments, suppose i'll have to cut the grass :bang: and give it a go

Dave

Back