I shot my best mates wedding. With pink unicorns. Really.

rdh

Edit My Images
No
What a day. I'm serious about the pink unicorns :¬)

Although they were beheaded to be fair...

Click for the full storyboard.

Here's a teaser:

10932.jpg

(y)

A really fantastic set of images, great use of light and lovely composition. You captured many of the emotional and memorable moments of the day beautifully. Great work.

Fantastic work as always.
I always envy just how much space you appear to have to work in. My last bridal prep wS in a converted broom cupboard. :LOL:

Fab set as always.
The one the really sticks out for me is the pic where they are signing the register and looking at (who I assume is) their daughter. Great moment. (y)

No thats a wedding, and thats an amazing set of images!!!

I even like the layout of the website....everything about it is slick!!

Bookmarked it for inspiration!!!

Rgds

Very nice!
Normally I spend my 15 morning tea-break at work browsing the internet.
Today though I spent the full 15mins looking at this particular story board plus your website in general.

It was well worth the time spent. You did your friend proud with those images.
I like your shooting style too, a nice element of querkyness to it.

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice!
Normally I spend my 15 morning tea-break at work browsing the internet.
Today though I spent the full 15mins looking at this particular story board plus your website in general.

It was well worth the time spent. You did your friend proud with those images.
I like your shooting style too, a nice element of querkyness to it.

Thanks for sharing!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Fantastic images, really, really great.

I don't normally really like sets of wedding pictures... but damn these are great. Looks like a truly brilliant day.

This is why I don't want to be a wedding photographer! Best leave it to those who love it!!
Excellent work. :)

This is why I don't want to be a wedding photographer! Best leave it to those who love it!!
Excellent work. :)

:LOL::LOL:

This is why i want to photograph weddings. different techniques, fun day, pressure, and a client that is truly grateful when presented with images of this calibre......( I have a long long way to go yet!!).

Seeing this just fills my head with ideas and inspiration and makes me want to pick up the pace even more.

(y)

stunning as always.

Is this the same venue as your other sets? looks like a great venue.

few questions regarding kit

What is the belt holder sling/your using in one of the pics?
I see you have added a 5dmk3, do you use this along with the nikons for weddings?

Oustanding as always mate... Your mate is VERY lucky to have you as his photographer as those pics just capture the day so well! I almost feel like I was there looking at them so he and his wife will be able to look at those in years to come and it'll just feel like yesterday to them :)

I've been meaning to ask you for a while btw if you've ever heard of a photographer called Matt Stuart? http://www.mattstuart.com/photographs/colour

His style reminds me a bit of yours, mainly I think the attention to detail and spotting stuff the rest of us wouldn't even notice. If you haven't it might be worth taking a look at his work as might be something that appeals to you :)

Actually jaw droppingly good.

Capture everything so well. The nerves before, the fun the groom is having in the car, even the bloody cow in the field looking at you, right through to the lovey dovey stuff at the end.

Amazing.

This is riduculous. Just amazing. Really, really enjoyed looking through those.

I can only echo what others have already said, a great set. Bet they are over the moon with them.

What a truly fantastic set of images. Unbelievably good, your mate and his wife are lucky to have their memories captured so fantastically.

Great set of what looks like a great day.

I'm not a huge fan of some of the out of focus foreground placings you do but then it's your style and not supposed to please everyone.

Truly amazing as always Ross! if i was to really nitpick............nope...can't find any!!!:)

Absolutely stunning :clap:

Really glad I took the time to view your images. You are truly gifted.

Your work is stunning !! Im not surprised you have been awarded best wedding photographer for 2013 !!

Beautiful images you really have captured every moment and are truly gifted ! also a lovely keepsake to give to your best friend as well ! :)

OK, I have to ask (I know we are all thinking this so shoot me for being the one to say it but:LOL::LOL:)....pray tell your lighting??? You look like you shoot pretty mobile so do you have much lighting gear, softboxes etc.

I have been looking at them trying to see (im a complete newb having shot 5 weddings, but the one i have in sept i have a little more creative license so im itching to try a few things i have in mind) what / how etc.

the PP is superb too, any tips on getting those skin tones, its something i really struggle with.

I noticed you may be running some workshops soon, any update on those too as i am keen to learn all i can.

(y)(y)

Last edited:
These photos are awesome, your awards are truly deserved.

I really like some of composition/cropping you've applied, in some ways it could be construed as slightly irregular but it works so brilliantly.

I like the first dance photos too, the light is brilliant- was it just remote speedlights on poles?

Fantastic set of photos that really captured the creativity of the day in a similarly creative way. I'm sure they must be as much over the moon with them as you should be.

Brilliant photo's Ross, I think the best set of wedding shots I've ever seen.

These are just fantastic! Well done. I absolutely adore your photographic style!

^^^^^
What they all said.

Stunning set. Took my time through them with a brew (from my 'I ♥ my fiance' mug) and they tell a great story of the day.

Back