Critique I went to Venice

Name
Eddy
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a few from my recent trip to Venice. Shot with my new Canon 6D and a 24-105 / 35 prime

Let me know what y'all think! :)

1. San Marco Tower, San Marco by SuperEddzz, on Flickr
13974072583_11d39bc754.jpg

2.Canal by SuperEddzz, on Flickr

3. Ponte de Rialto by SuperEddzz, on Flickr

4. Dorsoduro, Venice by SuperEddzz, on Flickr

5. Bridge of Sighs by SuperEddzz, on Flickr

Last edited:
The top one is a bit of a tight crop but not allot you could have done considering where you where.. #3 is the one for me as it sums up Venice for me in one hit.

The top one is a bit of a tight crop but not allot you could have done considering where you where.. #3 is the one for me as it sums up Venice for me in one hit.

Thanks Terri, I appreciate the comments! As for "summing up" Venice, I think this one does the job quite nicely! :D

Common-ground in Venetian alleyways. by SuperEddzz, on Flickr

Spotted down some obscure alleyway in Dorsoduro! ;)

Last edited:
oh yes i know that feeling well. lol i think i spent most of the time most but you do find some nice things...

I like the variety of this set, #5 for me is the pick of them, I love the composition with the dark foreground and lighter background.

I like the variety of this set, #5 for me is the pick of them, I love the composition with the dark foreground and lighter background.

Thanks :) The archway you see here is the 'Bridge of Sighs' - the passage that connects the courtroom in the Doge's palace to the cold stone prison across the canal.

nice shots ,i,ve been up the top of that tower ,amazing views

Hi Eddy
Lovely taste of Venice.
No 3 stands out for me - lead in from the bridge to the arch and topped with the interest of the guys there.
Also like 4 & 5. Have never been there, but would be tempted to try a landscape shot for those two. It's in my mind would give a lot more depth to the shot.

Back