Open up wide mr lizard!
6019133267_bec726cfec.jpg

this little critter is doomed!!!
6019636328_cb9b9d2552.jpg

He likes to eat... :D

let's see 'em..reptile post :D

Last edited:
Mine:

This is statler my hognose. I'm yet to get a wardorf!

285462_10150741498795223_750890222_19867388_5237223_n.jpg

This is captian morgan... Need to do a tighter crop! will be relooking at these images after my retakes.

162712_10150373651665223_750890222_16458949_5340147_n.jpg

These are my geckos, unfortunately i had to sell them when i moved to uni.

I bred this one - Brain

7033_294580810222_750890222_9024716_3325387_n.jpg

another one bred by me - Pinky

7033_294580820222_750890222_9024717_1865425_n.jpg

another one bred by me - Naboo (star wars not mighty boosh!)

7033_294580825222_750890222_9024718_8311237_n.jpg

and last but not lest, the proud parents...

7033_298697685222_750890222_9070748_6468817_n.jpg

Loving the pics! reptiles are beautiful!
sorry to hear about that mark! that's quite unfortunate! :(
I had a snake once, unfortunately he went missing for 8 weeks, until i found him in the back garden trying to eat my mother's dog, at the time my dad had 2 Californian king snakes and one of the vivarium's had broken, so we had no option but to put both my corn snake, and my dad's king snake, in the same viv but in separate container's, my dad's snake somehow managed to break free from its own container, and into my snakes container and ate my snake whole :(

Some great shots

Female Sri Lankan Pit Viper

My young female looking straight into the camera, no crop and as close as the lens would focus.

DSC7719-L.jpg

f57 1/60 twin flash over exposed

Female Sri Lankan Pit Viper

My young female looking straight into the camera, no crop and as close as the lens would focus.

DSC7719-L.jpg

f57 1/60 twin flash over exposed

Absolutely Beautiful!!! One of the many hots i want to get , one day! (y)

Our Conchita

IMG_3943 by Sonriendo, on Flickr

Not sure what type but think testudograeca and not sure of her age either :LOL: but she's only tiny so quite young

Wow!! these photos are amazing!! some awesome shot's!

Slippery42, your Female Sri Lankan Pit Viper, she's beautiful!!
You've got to love reptiles!

A friend asked if I could do some shots of his collection, I don't think they have been posted on here... ID's may be a bit off, but enjoyed the shoot, did a lot of work on my Canon G, fitted with a close up lens, many shots were with multi flash.

1 - Madagascan Dumeril’s Boa
IMG_3767.jpg

2 - Corn Snake
IMG_3594.jpg

3 - Going eye to eye, with this, I am sure it was measuring me up...
IMG_3752.jpg

4 - Hognosed Snake
IMG_3630.jpg

5 - Australian Carpet Python - the shaft of light is a tripod leg from one of my light stands!!
IMG_3432.jpg

6 - Just loved doing the lizards - Crested Gecko
IMG_3367.jpg

Also did a whole load of spiders, let me know if you want some more...

43211.jpg

Taken at our local butterfly world. This chap is allowed to run 'free' in the butterfly enclosure.

Last edited:
I would love to keep reptiles but we really don't have the room in our tiny house - so I have to make do with looking at other peoples:

1. Leopard Gecko from Liberty's Owl / Raptor / Reptile Centre

Leopard Gecko by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

2. Crested Gecko from the same collection

Crested Gecko 2 by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

3. One of Whipsnades Blue Spiny Lizards

Blue Spiny Lizard by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

4. Fiji Banded Iguana from Cotswold Wildlife park - love this section at CWP

Fiji Banded Iguana by Daysleeper40, on Flickr

Hope you enjoyed (y)

A friend asked if I could do some shots of his collection, I don't think they have been posted on here... ID's may be a bit off, but enjoyed the shoot, did a lot of work on my Canon G, fitted with a close up lens, many shots were with multi flash.

1 - Madagascan Dumeril’s Boa
IMG_3767.jpg

2 - Corn Snake
IMG_3594.jpg

3 - Going eye to eye, with this, I am sure it was measuring me up...
IMG_3752.jpg

4 - Hognosed Snake
IMG_3630.jpg

5 - Australian Carpet Python - the shaft of light is a tripod leg from one of my light stands!!
IMG_3432.jpg

6 - Just loved doing the lizards - Crested Gecko
IMG_3367.jpg

Also did a whole load of spiders, let me know if you want some more...

Yes! Spider's would be great :)
Crested Gecko, Thats a cracking shot! my mate has some there feet are sooo soft! I fell in love with them!

Wow, some amazing pictures here!! Especially the green pit viper :eek:

Snakes and spiders scare the bejesus outta me!! Has anyone who keeps venomous snakes been bitten? That would really worry me! Let alone if the damn thing escaped! :eek:

Has anyone who keeps venomous snakes been bitten? That would really worry me! Let alone if the damn thing escaped! :eek:

To my knowledge the guys that keep the poisonous snakes (and scorpions and spiders) either have the poison glands removed or keep antidote with them.

I inquired a few years ago (not in the UK) as I wanted to purchase an Arabian Fat-tailed scorpion.:nuts:

Wow, some amazing pictures here!! Especially the green pit viper :eek:

Snakes and spiders scare the bejesus outta me!! Has anyone who keeps venomous snakes been bitten? That would really worry me! Let alone if the damn thing escaped! :eek:

I don't know about venomous snakes, but some dude at the reptile shop in town was handling a snake and I saw a big big black and blue bruise on his arm and a few red punctures, asked him which one managed to take a chunk from him and he pointed....at the Boa Constrictor. i mean! :help: Rather him than me I tell you!

To my knowledge the guys that keep the poisonous snakes (and scorpions and spiders) either have the poison glands removed or keep antidote with them.

I inquired a few years ago (not in the UK) as I wanted to purchase an Arabian Fat-tailed scorpion.:nuts:

I did wonder whether you could remove (so to speak) the poison glands or something like that! :)

I don't know about venomous snakes, but some dude at the reptile shop in town was handling a snake and I saw a big big black and blue bruise on his arm and a few red punctures, asked him which one managed to take a chunk from him and he pointed....at the Boa Constrictor. i mean! :help: Rather him than me I tell you!

Blimey!! :bonk:

It's actually illegal in the UK to keep a venomoid (an animal that has had it's venom apparatus removed). To keep species that are on the DWA list (most venomous snakes) you have to apply for a license from you local council.

Kudos to the guys who posted pics of the hognose snakes, they are a pain in the bum to keep still.(y)

DSCF376111.jpg

DSCF0322.jpg

Last edited:
few old pics of mine...
DSCF6736.jpg

DSCF6712.jpg

DSCF6796.jpg

CopyofDSCF7110.jpg

CopyofS1050389.jpg

Awww, there are some gorgeous reptiles in this thread :love:

Haven't taken or shared photo's of my wee clan for ages so here's a recent one of each:

Petal Rio - Brazillian Rainbow Boa
brb-1.jpg

Groundmonsta - Normal Royal Python
Royal-3~0.jpg

Cuddy - African House Snake (photo actually taken by my son as she is his snake - not too shabby but I did put it on auto ;) )
cuddy-1.jpg

Back