Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Some from this Sunday just gone

Blackburn Hawks v Billingham Bombers
A rare game of no fights :)
#3 and #8 are my choices as best

Comments/Questions welcomed and encouraged :)

bb1.jpg

bb2.jpg

bb3.jpg

bb4.jpg

bb5.jpg

bb6.jpg

bb7.jpg

bb8.jpg

No fights KIPAX?? Must have been a boring game, as that was what you said the crowds and papers liked :LOL::D

Totally agree with you that 3 and 8 are the picks of the lot from these shot - if only the puck would have been in 8 as it is in 5 ... that would have been EVEN better.
1 and 4, not my favs really, action sort of going the 'other way'...

What sort of ISO and shutter speeds did you get for these?? *still haven't figured the EXIF view stuff*

I think your hockey images have really improved a lot since the first ones I saw..(not that I should be telling you anything about good shots...). Especially the action shots in these series are def. your best of the season! :clap:

Now, which one did the papers want to publish, just interested....

Good work once again

Papers publish them on wednesdays :)

You have been doing ice hockey longer than me so I am happy you see an improvement.. Know your sport is a golden rule and i didnt know enough about ice hockey and I can see an improvement.. These are better than start of season in my eye.. But then thats why they go on here to see if anyone else thinks there OK :)

Shutter is 320 and iso is 2500 .. I get loverly creamy shots with hardly any noise at iso 2500 .. iso 3200 just goes over the line and theres a big jump in quality... iso 2500 seems really good to me..

Have you seen the inline hockey on my site.. that was wierd.. played in a sports hall as it was a friendly so not on a proper inline hockey...eeerm court/arena or whatever its called? Have you ever done anything like that hockey?

Googabu - puck is in mid-air in no 8 while the attacker is screening the netminder. Dunno why the netminder has his catcher on the floor in it ***. Thats nothing to do with the photo more the hockey lol.

Nice shots though, I play roller hockey aswell and am hoping to get some shots on saturday at our games. Id be interesting in seeing your roller hockey shots on your site, whats the address/linky?

I see no fights did karl manage to behave himself this week noticed him on the bench in shot 2 lol.

rob

address is in my sig for roller hockey.. its in the menu hockey :)

Papers publish them on wednesdays :)

You have been doing ice hockey longer than me so I am happy you see an improvement.. Know your sport is a golden rule and i didnt know enough about ice hockey and I can see an improvement.. These are better than start of season in my eye.. But then thats why they go on here to see if anyone else thinks there OK :)

Shutter is 320 and iso is 2500 .. I get loverly creamy shots with hardly any noise at iso 2500 .. iso 3200 just goes over the line and theres a big jump in quality... iso 2500 seems really good to me..

Have you seen the inline hockey on my site.. that was wierd.. played in a sports hall as it was a friendly so not on a proper inline hockey...eeerm court/arena or whatever its called? Have you ever done anything like that hockey?

Could not agree more with the 'know your sport' comment (y) It helps to know which way to point the camera (and even better if you know the team and players).

I've gone up to 3200 few times when shooting for newspapers, noticed that the noise does not really show that much on the print. But there is a jump in quality between 3200-2500 - luckily I rarely need anything that high.

Did have a look at the roller hockey on your site (quite a few of the pics at the bottom were missing and could not be viewed?) haven't actually shot any of it myself, yet. I know Finland are supposed to be quite good at the sport, but if I am not mistaken it is played during the summer here. As a way for ice hockey players to keep in shape.
Can't really say much about the photos as so many were unavailable to be viewed... but from the thumbnails, it looks like an interesting sport to try and shoot, maybe not the easiest?

Googabu - puck is in mid-air in no 8 while the attacker is screening the netminder. Dunno why the netminder has his catcher on the floor in it ***. Thats nothing to do with the photo more the hockey lol.

True, didn't notice that so much at first time around. But it looks like the shot is coming towards the right hand of the goalie, and he does seem to have the blocker hand a little higher, so maybe he's decided to just block the shot and not trying to catch it...
Maybe KIPAX has a follow on shot and can tell us what happened?? :shrug:

Nice set, one of those sports I have always wanted to go and watch but never get round to!

Lots of teams use the arena just down the rd from you in Altrincham.. unless you have a great dislike for the place.. I believe Alty and Macc arn't the best of friends :)

Thanks Googa I had no idea those pics where missing... it overlaps into the next set and half of them are missing.. I checked some football on same dateline and there gone... Support ticket sent to fotopic who seem to have messed up again :(

PS They seem to be back on now... I dont like this.. I cant check 75 thousand pics everyt day and just expect a paid service to be working correctly :(

Last edited:
Thanks Googa I had no idea those pics where missing... it overlaps into the next set and half of them are missing.. I checked some football on same dateline and there gone... Support ticket sent to fotopic who seem to have messed up again :(

PS They seem to be back on now... I dont like this.. I cant check 75 thousand pics everyt day and just expect a paid service to be working correctly :(

Yes, seem to be working OK now - THIS seems interesting.. playing quite close to the walls. Crop a little higher to have the 'Plactic bottles' sign fully in the shot :D

It is a shame when photos are not displayed properly, and you are right. YOu have a too many shots to check.. even 1000 shots is a bit too much to go thorugh.
You pay for a certain service and expect it to work... ( I know at least I do )

#8 I hope the puck is heading towards the goal! would love to see the next frame as it whacks em, same for #5

No other frames... and no way i can remeber.. One thing though in case it was a thought... 100% deffo not an added puck ...

kipax, theres a couple of purpose built roller rinks in uk, queensferry down in northwales and virtual ice down in rotherham/sheffield.

its not just a summer sport anymore we have many governing bodies so to speak that run all year round leagues. If you ever fancy coming down to get some shots get in touch ill set you right.

rob

Cheers rob but might be a bit of a trek.. isnt there one in Preston. I thought I heard about a league there...Maybe at the uni ?

yeh I can try and find out for you I help run the northeast league so im sure ill be able to find contacts in the northwest.

ill let you know

rob

for inline hockey pics try Bisley in Surrey... I play there on Sundays. Poor light though, so you'd need low ISO and fast glass!!!

Back