Iceland is stunning.

Not sure the track adds a great detail to the shot,perhaps a healthy crop of the foreground would benefit this one ?

I think for me there is a lack of a great focal point and composition, i can that perhaps you were trying to use the path/road as a lead in but it doesnt feel strong enough. Personally I think by the lake would have been the best place to get a shot, the colours look lovely reflecting in the water.

Sorry to be harsh :| looking forward to the aurora borealis tho :D

I think for me there is a lack of a great focal point and composition, i can that perhaps you were trying to use the path/road as a lead in but it doesnt feel strong enough. Personally I think by the lake would have been the best place to get a shot, the colours look lovely reflecting in the water.

Sorry to be harsh :| looking forward to the aurora borealis tho :D

This. The shot would benefit from a stronger foreground

i get what you're saying and it is fair!
i read all over ther place that leading lines are important but i guess the road gets lost as it's the same colour as snow covered fields

due to the short daylight hours we were on a short time scale to see a few sights during the day so missioning right down to the waters edge wasnt an option unfortunately but i do agree it would have made an excellent shot!
The best we did was to come off the road towards it along a farmers track as far as we dared :)

you've twisted my arm and i hope this has a more interesting foreground interest with the pebbles forming somewhat diagonal lines

Iceland - she's a beauty! by FightingFigure, on Flickr

i'm a touch busy at the min but i'll try to add a few more of my fav's from the trip tomorrow evening

Last edited:
Hi and must agree great decision to head off the beaten path I prefer these well away from the side of the road shots, hope you don't mind and couldn't resist, only jealous that I can not visit myself at this present moment in time.

487663f7.jpg

Wounderful Landscape and thanks for sharing :)

Kevin (y)

cafe paris in reykjavik and it was bloomin tasty!
i also saw puffin on the menu but they said it's been hard to get hold of over the last few weeks :|

Ahh, I didn't eat there. We ate it in a restaurant called 'The Fish Company', it was served as a kind of taster dish, in a pot with rhubarb, artichoke custard and oats. It sounds strange but it was lovely.

A sort of Whale crumble :)

We went on a Whale watching tour the day before and were told that Puffins are hard to come by in southern Iceland now and shouldn't be eaten. They were on a few menus but my conscience got the better of me.

Back