Icelandic sky......

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_2969-1.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Thank you for looking ;)

I think this needs to be appreciated large... do you have a link to a bigger copy?

My first thought is that it's a bit drab and the surreal colours of iceland aren't present, which is a shame.

I really like this. I agree that maybe it needs to be viewed in a bigger version but I'm a fan of the the minimalist style and muted colours. Actually, they are so muted that on second viewing I can't work out if it is black and white or not! :)

I think this needs to be appreciated large... do you have a link to a bigger copy?

My first thought is that it's a bit drab and the surreal colours of iceland aren't present, which is a shame.

Thanks for commenting - Only a few area's have the surreal tones that you mention.

I really like this. I agree that maybe it needs to be viewed in a bigger version but I'm a fan of the the minimalist style and muted colours. Actually, they are so muted that on second viewing I can't work out if it is black and white or not! :)

Thank you.

A larger version here

It looks a lot better in the larger version you can really appreciate the scale on the landscape. I like it.

I think you have caught Iceland at this time of year really well! Composition-wise it maybe feels as though it needs something in the foreground (off-centre as per rule of thirds) but that might ruin the effect.

This would make a fantastic wall image Large to get a real sense of the drama in it great capture

It looks a lot better in the larger version you can really appreciate the scale on the landscape. I like it.

Thank you very much.

I think that is beautiful,

Appreciate your comment.

I think you have caught Iceland at this time of year really well! Composition-wise it maybe feels as though it needs something in the foreground (off-centre as per rule of thirds) but that might ruin the effect.

Thank you. In most cases FG interest in Iceland is always a problem as it is not noted for trees, handy rocks and lakes. In many cases it is the expanse of nothingness which is the real beauty of an Icelandic landscape.

Tom

This would make a fantastic wall image Large to get a real sense of the drama in it great capture

Thank you very much - glad you like it.

Tom

Awesome sense of scale, I nabbed the large version for my desktop, I normally change it at the end of every month but I'll make it a few days early this time around.

Cracking image. (y)

Its a great shot, but for me, i would consider cropping more of the black foreground and a bit of each end , plus a little more contrast in the sky and saturation in the foreground like this:

4131323439_442bc89037_o.jpg

If you want me to remove it, just say.

Jonathan

Awesome sense of scale, I nabbed the large version for my desktop, I normally change it at the end of every month but I'll make it a few days early this time around.

Cracking image. (y)

Thank you, glad you like it and just pop the cheque in the post :D

Its a great shot, but for me, i would consider cropping more of the black foreground and a bit of each end , plus a little more contrast in the sky and saturation in the foreground like this:

4131323439_442bc89037_o.jpg

If you want me to remove it, just say.

Jonathan

Thanks for your comment and doing the edit. For me the LH & RH crop looses the vastness of the landscape. The green addition in the mid ground is an interesting point but I feel the scene is now not having the same depth of moody impact as the my version. Again a question of personal taste.

Not worried about your edit so please leave posted if you want.

I like it..I think the above version loses the drama of the scene....nice picture well done.

Thank you

I like it a heck of a lot, the larger version shows it off best.

Cheers Mark, glad you like it. This is one of the times when size is so important :D

Wow, thats nice! Was hoping this would be in kent when i read your location :D

Thank you - would like to say its a typical Dungeness scene :D Mind you a film was made down which was supposed to be set in Mexico .......so maybe there is hope yet :D

Tom

I think the large version is excellent. The mountains in the background are lost in the first photo and I think krazy_Horse's edit helped to bring them forward some. I'm sure that blown up the original would need a very large wall to appreciate it to it's fullest (y)

I like it lots. Inspired am....

I love it! Almost feels like im looking out in awe.

I think the large version is excellent. The mountains in the background are lost in the first photo and I think krazy_Horse's edit helped to bring them forward some. I'm sure that blown up the original would need a very large wall to appreciate it to it's fullest (y)

Thank you all for your kind comments - much appreciated.

Tom

Back