New Year, New Decade, New Lens, New Camera...Time for a 365

Name
Roo
Edit My Images
Yes
Well Hello Everyone, after reading some inspirational 365's I think it is time I joined in and challenged myself to improve my skills and to get out there and use my camera. :D

I am planning to follow a theme a week, picked at random to keep me focussed. I shall be starting with my shiney new nifty fifty!:clap:

I intend to update it weekly rather than daily due to the fact that Australia is still in the 90's and I have unreliable internet access, but I will be taking the shots!

Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2010.

Roo

As this weeks theme is the Nifty Fifty....here is the first.

4232565121_1f546342f3.jpg

Good luck Roo!
Themed weeks can be helpful but can also be difficult, nifty fifty is a good one to start though :)

And good luck from me too, Nice start Roo, as Merv mentioned, the nifty fifty is a great lens, I'm sure it will get used in many of your upcoming shots ;)

Aren't the first steps on a big journey so great. All that excitement, anticipation and a little bit of nerves.

Enjoy the ride, wherever it takes you. :)

Nice First Pic, Good luck with your challenge Ruth.

Great start to the challenge....Good luck with it - a couple of days ago I was all fired up to do the 365 and now, I'm sitting here thinking 'how did it get to be Jan 1st already?' :eek::LOL:

Seasonal and sharp. Good luck with the rest of the challenge.

just kicked off a 365 as well...good luck with your project. its a nice image, playing with dof is fun...

Thanks All! I am thinking this is going to be harder than I thought! But onwards...today's (yesterday's) shot.

I have started my own veggie patches..so in honour of the fact that many of plants have got too hot and gone to seed so are useless, my lemon tree which actually has some lemons!

4239206566_03fe1f34be.jpg

Well here I am at Day 3....I have been meaning to get some pictures of the Beach Huts in Brighton for ages, so here we go! Was pretty difficult with the Nifty Fifty, but I have some great shots and will be getting some made up for my house! This is my fav...bit of tweeking needed but...

4240014212_0d62c41616.jpg

Thanks CS...good luck with yours!(y)

They look quite nice,

Just started my 365 although im not going with the themes just yet.... let my inspiration get the better of me first :)

Good luck to you though :)

great shots so far.. love colourful beach huts!.. could be straightened a tad perhaps? ;-)

Thanks Mich, unfortunately they are at odd angles....and the beach slopes....but I see what you mean....

I can't B&W being a big feature in the ole 365....I shall have to add that to my themes as it is something I don't go in for....

Beach huts is a nice composition and DoF really works for me

Like the tight crop of the lemon and limes too ;)

Thanks All...really enjoying this....Might get a nice shot outside today as the sky is not so bright it burns my eyes! :)

And I took lots of tiger and Red panda pictures...none of which I can use as they weren't with my nifty fifty...so here is a shot I took at the Zoo... And this was in no enclosure!

4249934395_781ae1e566.jpg

I have just found out the it is a Cicada that is preparing to shed its skin! Nice!

Thanks for the comments, really liked that shot!

A quick catch up as I haven't posted my shots.

Day 7

4260768239_b4d1b37c73.jpg

Day 8

4260768249_7f6dd117f4.jpg

Day 9

4261582208_e337a5c53d.jpg

Day 10

4261107865_ba29acae1f.jpg

Thats it for the Nifty Fifty Week....now the Theme is "up"

Thanks for all the comments!

Roo

Lovely first week :D you done longer than I did last year! :LOL:

My favorite image would be the last one of the break disc - but then i'd be slightly bias! I just love the DOF and how its been focused on the red :)

Thanks Daniel

Thanks! I love my JCW brakes, took it whilst doing a tyre rotation yesterday! Love the DOF on the Nifty Fifty...thanks for the comments! Roo

great shots, really like the last one.. look forward to seeing what your next theme is going to be! :)

Thanks for the comments!

At 47 degree yesterday, i couldn't spend too long outside, so didn't get quite what I intended, but hey ho....on with the 365.

4264596135_4c0150fa27.jpg

I didn't expect to see the nifty shots when I came into this thread but now that I've seen them I'm so pleased I'm ordering one. Close crop of the lemon and limes is fab.

Back