Ichneumon wasp

No idea either... but you managed to find one that stayed still or is this a cooled one???

Great shot, if your into/have a Facebook page there is a BWARS open group that will give you a ID, just search for bees,wasps and ants groups.
Keep up the good work and posting great photos like this one (y)

Great shot, if your into/have a Facebook page there is a BWARS open group that will give you a ID, just search for bees,wasps and ants groups.
Keep up the good work and posting great photos like this one (y)
Thank you Graham, bleu.geo on Flickr gave me a positive I.D. :)

That's a very nice shot John, great detail, good composition, and a very nice background.(y)

George.

Great image, plenty of detail.

Superb photo John, did you do stick it down to make it stay still lol these seem to be always on the move making them very frustrating to photograph in my experience.

Thank you Graham, bleu.geo on Flickr gave me a positive I.D. :)
Strange, bleu.geo gave me a I'd on a bee also and I didn't even ask lol :)

Nice one John, looks like a studio shot with the background, very nicely shot! I missed 4-5 of these on Sunday in the windy conditions, stunning looking creatures.

Strange, bleu.geo gave me a I'd on a bee also and I didn't even ask lol :)
:):)

Nice one John, looks like a studio shot with the background, very nicely shot! I missed 4-5 of these on Sunday in the windy conditions, stunning looking creatures.

Thanks Neil, there where two of these around my log pile i put a few drops of honey down and waited, and waited, and waited :) the background is a small piece of mdf board. I got a number of shots of it feeding on the honey but i liked this one the most as it raised its head .

Back