Icons

Why has no one posted on these? Annoys me slightly when that happens, especially with very good work like this. It seems to be a recurring theme on here of late. People put pictures up asking for C&C, then CBA giving it to others. Grrrrr

They are fantastic. The water movement on the Durdle door, and the last one is fantastic, the lighting at Corfe is sublime. Iconic locations or not you still have to have the skill to capture the moment and you've don it perfectly. Well done.

Last edited:
They are all very nice indeed , 3rd one is my favourite , well done.

Number 3 for me although I think I'd prefer to see slightly more of the beach.

I have some great memories of rock pooling down there as a child!

Love #2, the mist and colours are sublime. The others are nice shots but don't have the originality of #2.

Real cracker on the corfe castle!
Was there this morning but sadly I drove past all the thick mist a mile before arriving :(

Missed this one completely :thinking:

All three are very good but Corfe Castle is very atmospheric and interesting.
#1 is good, especially the water - a bit of light on the rock might benefit it but still a great photo.

Have to be honest, I like all three so hard to choose between them. I cant help but think that the crops are slightly awkward, but that's a taste thing - cracking shots all round!

Thanks again guys.
Corfe was last Saturday morning, mist & light were spot on, returned Sunday morning but mist not as good.

I like Corfe Castle, very atmospheric shot, the other two are ok as well but 2 stands out.

Very nice indeed Mark. Corfe Castle is always a favourite for me. The Kimmeridge photo, I think I would like to see some more of those wet pebbles in the foreground, still very good though.
The kids are on hols next week so I might try and get out myself for some early morning Purbeck action.

I like all three shots all for differing reasons. #1 and #3 are nicely done and good use of a longer exposure - love the water flowing over the rock in #3. #2 - great colours and very atmospheric

#2 and #3 are really nice, especially #2 :)

However i don't like number 1 im afraid, the door is way to dark (grad filter perhaps covering it?) and the cliff in the distance seems perhaps a bit out of focus. Finally the colour the sun has left is really odd. I'm afraid im not a fan of the photo however the bottom third of the photo is nice :)

For me, #1 is the best! I was at Durdle Door last year and it was breath taking, sadly I didn't go all the way down like you did. I shot from the top, I didnt fancy the walk back up lol.

Thanks again guys, agree to a certain extent about No. 1 Paul but as said previously that's why I put these things out there to get feedback and appreciate all your time spent commenting.

Back