IF NEW - READ THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Malcolm
Edit My Images
No
As a newcomer to TP, it will help you make more local connections and possibly get invited to shoots if you make sure that you have mentioned your location/area in your profile information. Then go back and start 'New Thread' on the welcome page and sya Hello!. Don't say hello on this page.

Hope this helps you all

Malcolm

Last edited:
You could also add your self to TP Member Locations Map Clicky linky Choose Unlock Map, Password talkphoto Click Additions from the menu, Then Choose simple or Detailed, Add your name and description IE has transport, free Days, Weekends/Nights,Likes landscapes, or whatever, choose pin colour blue for males red for female (y)

Dave

Last edited:
Bump - any chance this could be made Sticky?
I tried many times but for some reason when I went back to the map my flag had vanished - not sure why, but I haven't tried since.

Hmm Just tried again - & it's saved my details (it's Google Maps I can't save my details to, just tried that again and no joy) - Thanks Dave

Last edited:
I tried many times but for some reason when I went back to the map my flag had vanished - not sure why, but I haven't tried since.

Which map Pete

if ZEEMAP Maybe it went to the nearest town Pete, if you used detail you could put your post code in, just checked it below barnsley NR M1 you can edit the location 2 tix I'll do a screenshot

Lo Pete

locate your pin its to the left on the image below, then click the icon in circled red move your pin click done HTHs

6052471856_164292e5aa.jpg

Thanks for your help Dave - have moved myself on that one - just Google Maps is being a pain now.

:LOL: why? how?

tried to use the Google map

wants me to open an account

OK, tried ...says....................."Cookies not enabled''

RUBBISH

mine are set to ''accept'' 1st party ...delete when exit FF5

:LOL: why? how?
can't place a blue thingy over my location - probably me being thick (I have signed into Google but grrrrrrrr) :bang:

Update: Set up a blue thingy on the Google map, entered my details, logged out & back in and the blue thingy has gone :(

Last edited:
can't place a blue thingy over my location - probably me being thick (I have signed into Google but grrrrrrrr) :bang:

Update: Set up a blue thingy on the Google map, entered my details, logged out & back in and the blue thingy has gone :(

Strange did you save the map above were all the user names are?

Strange did you save the map above were all the user names are?

Ok, Google Maps - I can see my blue placeholder with my saved details except when I sign into Google then it disappears off the map- I guess I can live with that as the details appear to be visible to others
thanks Dave

I cant see yours on google map Pete Ive look around the town you live in, its not there did you click Done when youd finished adding yourself

As a newcomer to TP, it will help you make more local connections and possibly get invited to shoots if you make sure that you have mentioned your location/area in your profile information.

Hope this helps you all...............Malcolm

true ..and also which camera/lens, so as to answer the tech questions..?

I cant see yours on google map Pete Ive look around the town you live in, its not there did you click Done when youd finished adding yourself

Bah I give up - I can still see it but if I log into google it vanishes.

:shake:

(y)Hello people

I am a new comer so please teach me everything you can.
I have reciently brought a connon 450d of a work collage in mint condition and loving every minite of snapping away. i spent the weekend in devon and took some cool pic of the americas cup boats.
please let me know the best place to post them and how so you can take a peek.

many thanks

Tom

hi tom!
welcome aboard. Loving your enthusiasm! You've definately taken the best option straight away... just snap away at anything and everything. Combine that with the knowledge in this place and you'll come on leaps and bounds.

To share your pics on here you either need to :

a. upload them to your gallery on here
b. upload to a photo sharing site eg. flickr

then put a link to them in a thread in any of the photo sharing sections (y)

Tom,

there's a whole section of guides as to how to use TP here - we get so many requests re: how to share photo's with other members, that there's a specific FAQ on how to do it HERE.

Welcome aboard, and I look forward to seeing some of your shots :)

:wave:

Hi, have just registered and hope that this site will provide me with a lot of help using my EOS 60D. I haven't a clue how to use it but I wanted a camera that would help me take photos and learn to be creative.

Lydbrook_Npt

I've added myself to the map but it defaulted my colour to white! Does this mean I'm unsure about my sexuality? :(

Hi everyone, I'm a new member who'd just already like to thank you all for being a brill source of info, I'm looking to buy my dream camera, the Nikon D7000 with 18-55 + 55-200 lens kit, unfortunately the reason i found you lot was after being almost stung by a gray import, learned my lesson and have decided to be patient(which goes against the grain) and see what deals arrive with the new year sales, so I'm here to be educated, just treat me as if i know nothing... and you'll be bang on the nail! ps. I've dun the map thing, not many of us round the lake district but I'm open to days out as long as they involve 'hot chocolate' in a big mug at some point! :wave:

Hi Everyone,

New to photography and really would appreciate any advice on buying a decent digital slr, a friend has recommended the Nikon D3000 which i know is on sale at argos at the moment at £330, all the reviews i have read suggest it's very good, does anyone have any other suggestions or advice please?

Thanks
Big Papa G

big papa g said:
Hi Everyone,

New to photography and really would appreciate any advice on buying a decent digital slr, a friend has recommended the Nikon D3000 which i know is on sale at argos at the moment at £330, all the reviews i have read suggest it's very good, does anyone have any other suggestions or advice please?

Thanks
Big Papa G

Hi
I too am new to photography encouraged by a friend (who has all singing all dancing sony) have looked and listened to lots of advice . I have finally bought a lumix g2. Light and easy to use as a newcomer getting used to handling a camera with added lens.
I am heading to mull next week would appreciate any advice on where to get good wildlife shots
Thanks Kass

I'm new. I'm saying hello. I'm browsing. I'm using a Ricoh CX1 at the min which has sucked me into the world of white balance control, arputure, manual focus, ect by means of having the only user interface that actually makes sense on a compact. Pity the colours can be a bit off sometimes.
Anyhoo, I'm am now seriously considering buying a DSLR. I'm not daft enough to jump to the Canon 60D level, but am looking at the Canon 600D and it's rivals.
My main queries are likely to be in the form of advice regarding lens selection. I've been told that the canon 50-200mm is a good value for money step up from the kit lens, but then a canon rep would say that wouldnt they/ (to be fair, she was actually really good and honestregarding her own products)

Hi guys...I'm new to TP & also new to photography & would be really greatful if anyone could suggest a good camera with a bugget range of around £500 to get me started. Many thanks.

Hello, I am a new Forum member and need some help please. I have a D300 which I need to select a frame rate for shooting birds in flight and sports such as power boat and jet ski racing and skiing. I have got the CL High selected and the highest frame rate with C selected on the front of the camera. I used to shoot Raw with JPG as my software did not read Raw files. Now I just want to go for Raw and the settings keep defaulting back to 3fps. I never used to have a problem shooting high speed shots previously so think I must have altered a setting in the menu by mistake but have no idea how to put it right. Can anyone help me please? Thanks .Picpal

Just for a bit of variety on this thread, I too am new to this photography malarkey :0) I'm looking to buy my first dslr with an all in budget of £500. I will mainly be using it for family photos/days out, but also sport, wildlife, landscapes and a smidgen of macro work. I'm looking at a canon 1100D bundle from jessops with the IS lens, a ranting 75-300mm Tele, a bag and a couple of filters. This is right at the top end of my budget and I will be using a significant number of WifeMiles that I have been saving up! Am I going down the right lines?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

D

Hello anyone who reads this.
Been taking pictures since the days of the Box Brownie, so not exactly a newcomer needing a lot of help. But at the same time not claiming to be an expert in any way.

I don't display my pictures online anywhere, no Facebook or any other kind of book, I don't own anything beginning with i and am a lover of peace and quiet.

I have a Sony Nex-5 at present and a nice collection of Legacy Lenses.

JK.

Hi peeps,I to am new to TP & looking for a camera with a budget of around £500 to get me up & running. Any ideas would be a great help. Thanks

can you help me Dave??? please??? :eek:{....
MIVC (Female) from Cardiff area
Thanks x

Hi :0)
I'm totally new to the world of photography, and eagerly awaiting delivery of my new canon eos 1100D...I just love taking pics! Looking forward to stepping it up and learning how to do it properly!
I may put some of the digi-snaps up on my gallery that I have received compliments about...can't wait to get my hands on my new camera and learn how to use it :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back