If You Could Only Have 5 TV Channels and 1 Radio Station, What Would You Choose?

Lots of love for the BBC here. I'm not surprised, was watching them even when I wasn't in the uk.

Shush I know what second is you numpty

Now I've stopped giggling :D

Tough one....

BBC1
Gold (I know its all repeated but I like the old stuff :p)
Eurosport (either)
Discovery Channel
One of the crime channels, probably CI

Radio- Pulse 2 ( use to be Great Yorkshire Gold)

Can I have 5 radio stations and one TV channel?

Radio Scotland
Radio 4 Extra
Classic FM
Radio 2
Absolute 80s

NetFlix

Can I have 5 radio stations and one TV channel?

Radio Scotland
Radio 4 Extra
Classic FM
Radio 2
Absolute 80s

NetFlix

If you get Netflix I want it too..it's pretty much all I watch

I don't mind sharing :)

Just found 2 series worth of Gary Tank Commander :D

I don't mind sharing :)

Just found 2 series worth of Gary Tank Commander :D

I have no idea what that is but I'm guessing by the size of that cheesy grin it's made you happy! Lol

I need to find a new series so my search is on :)

I have no idea what that is but I'm guessing by the size of that cheesy grin it's made you happy! Lol

Get a box set of Castle :)

Don't forget the X Files starts next week.

That's something I do want to watch but not on Netflix it seems

Yay! I had toyed with watching them from the beginning

I could lend you the VIDEOS! :eek:

I don't want to watch any 'old style' TV channel. On demand is the only thing that makes sense to me. I can't imagine having to switch the telly on at a particular time. You'd need to study what was on, and when. It's madness!

I've been watching on demand TV only, for over a year now. And would never go back. You get used to pausing it to go to the loo. Or pause it to continue on another day. I expect to sit down and watch something when it suits me.

TV channel? How quaint.

Last edited:
I don't want to watch any 'old style' TV channel. On demand is the only thing that makes sense to me. I can't imagine having to switch the telly on at a particular time. You'd need to study what was on, and when. It's madness!

I've been watching on demand TV only, for over a year now. And would never go back. You get used to pausing it to go to the loo. Or pause it to continue on another day. I expect to sit down and watch something when it suits me.

TV channel? How quaint.

How does that work with the news then? Or sport? You're not telling me you can watch the 2016 Tour de France already?

How does that work with the news then? Or sport? You're not telling me you can watch the 2016 Tour de France already?
News is even better! Click on Latest News on the iPlayer or Sky News when you want to watch it. Or the BBC News App is good for quicker news items. Skip forward to the next item if you're not interested in one. And you can skip all sport all together. Hooray! With old style, live TV news you have to sit through all of it, including the sport, or switch over or off. Now I can avoid hearing about "Arsenal" and "goalies" and "relegation" or whatever they go on about.

Last edited:
It never ceases to put a smile on my face how such a simple question can provide off the wall and extreme responses.

But think of the millions of people sitting there, every day, hearing about some footballer who "headed high, over the bar in the second half" or "Hamilton Academicals" or about a "hamstring" injury, (what is a hamstring? Don't answer that.) when they have absolutely no interest whatsoever, but can't do anything about it. Day in day out. It's madness! Compared to the seriousness of real news, it's "not" news.

Last edited:
It never ceases to put a smile on my face how such a simple question can provide off the wall and extreme responses.

Right?
How hard is it to pick 5 channels and a radio station?
Not "8 channels because I can't choose" or "an online streaming service even though it's not a channel at all". :banghead:

Wow..I thought this was lighthearted in here...sheesh![emoji14]

Bloody amazing when you see the amount of negativity that the rest of the media has managed to build up.
The BBC isn't perfect, but my god its a better than a world of ITV and other commercial channels.

Lots of love for the BBC here. I'm not surprised, was watching them even when I wasn't in the uk.
I've never hid my appreciation for what they do, and having watched other broadcasters across the western half of EU, there's nothing to match them in consistency of output quality . I would like it if they would be prepared to make series that tell a single story over 10 (or more) one hour episodes, rather than the limit of six or occasionally eight that they seem to work to. The popularity of the 9pm Saturday evening slot on BBC4 would provide evidence that there is an audience for it.

Lots of folk choosing radio 2 I see. It's great during the day but kind of goes down hill at night and weekends especially.
Couldn't agree more, but as I drive a lot of miles during the day, its great for keeping me company.
Even I get bored talking to my self at times :D

Yes but you are known to be a pain in the arse! x
Oh she has read the book AND got the T( :D ) -shirt

Someone's been spending too much time with @Cobra :p
We did bump into each other at the nutters meet, It just goes to show how "infectious" I am :D

bbc 1hd
bbc 2 hd
itv hd
sky 1
sky atlantic
radio 2
would have been radio 1 if chris moyles had still been there

Back