Ile D'Or, Agay

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
Constantly awed by some of the fantastic landscapes on here, it's one of the forums i have been spending more time lurking in, to try and pick up tips for improving my own landscape photography.
Here are a couple from yesterday, of the Ile D'Or, a small island off the coast at La Dramont. From what i know, some mad geezer built a castle on there and proclaimed himself king back in the day.

1)
5540765793_f030ee4e60_b.jpg

2)
5541349414_876351d7c8_b.jpg

Any c&c welcomed, my pp is a big bag of guesswork, but i am kinda evolving into doing the same thing each time with my photos, but would like to know where i am going wrong if so.

Cheers

You have done very well, both with the taking/composition and the pp too! (y)

Both are very nice. I prefer #1. Did you think of shifting focus to the tower and island for any shots?

Thank you all for the feedback. I am glad these are well received, as i am very happy with them, particularly the first. i would have liked to have a less cluttered foreground in the second one, but the rocks leading down to the sea weren't condusive to this. I had the idea of getting the camera really low down, and with a rock pool in the foreground leading in to the rocks fading out to reveal the island, but i couldn't find a spot to do this. I will be heading back at some stage to try again though.
The first shot was a one off, and just grabbed it as I walked to the rocks. I would like to get this shot again but without the speedboat and the spear fishermen included.
Many thanks for looking and taking the time to comment. If there are any further suggestions as to how these shots could be improved for when i return, i would welcome to hear them
Cheers

Of the two, I prefer No2, it leads the eye in.

Regards - Paul

Back