I'm Happy with my Tamron 70-300 VC USD - the family are a bit bored of it!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
View attachment 8186View attachment 8187View attachment 8188

I recently purchased the new Tamron 70-300 VC USD f4-5.6 after spending a long time pondering over which long zoom to get- and for £300 I'm well happy with it! The wife is starting to role her eyes when she sees the camera slung over my shoulder with this attached but hey ho, its a very nice lens!

Here are 3 pics of the family in various poses

Number 1: 161mm, f5, iso 500, 1/200
Number 2: 130mm, f4.5 iso 160 1/200
Number 3: 70mm, f.6.3, iso 100, 1/50 - I slowed the shutter down here to show some movement, and although clunky, the VC works a treat!

I had that lens for a while, and was very impressed with it, especially given the price.

It did, and still does, come out as 'top dog' in the budget zoom lens class.

Enjoy!!

Dave

Yup I got one too, bargain lens just need to get more use!
Nice pictures love the first. he is looking as if to say am i doing this right?

Yup I got one too, bargain lens just need to get more use!
Nice pictures love the first. he is looking as if to say am i doing this right?
Yeah he was throwing the twigs in the stream and chasing them downstream, lovely day!

Thanks

A nice set of keepers with #3 being my fav.

I think 1&2 are slightly soft, and it looks like your shutter speed is a bit slow at that focal length. What camera do you have? I think you could have got away with budging the ISO up.
Yes fair point. It's a 550d. Good critique, I will remember that next time to ensure sharpness.
Thanks

I love that lens myself in all aspects but one, the bokeh. It annoys me since I think it's such a good lens otherwise. So I have some kind of love/hate relationship with it.

Having g had it a few months now, I have to agree - although do you have a UV filter on yours? I took mine off and it did make a difference - picked up the tip by following the 150-600 thread.

Some nice shots there, i contemplated one of these lenses for a while and there are certainly times i need more than 200mm maybe this could be my next lens? :)

In response to the wife rolling her eyes, she'd be more annoyed if you bought it and never used it ;)

I just find it a bit -well a bit...you know...we'll if a 2.8 is creamy smooth mine was like curdled milk! But since I took the filter off it did improve....

Nice pictures.
I have this lens laying around somewhere, it's a cracker! The auto-focus on mine started to make some awkward noises when I was in Africa, shame! But I replaced it with the 70-200mm L lens, which was the best update ever. I did use up most of my student loan for it though! haha.

Much better mate, yes the trees are smoother, but this nowhere near compensates for the loss of fine hair detail and the glow around her hat and arms.

Back on topic.... I agree the first is really good, nice natural eye contact, down towards his level too. Would agree possibly a faster shutter or making sure you are in a good stable position. (y)

Back