I'm never using ebay again...

Edit My Images
No
... the sellers are so lame sometimes, so I ordered something for my shoots. 5 items from one seller, I emailed her and let her know that its been a while over 2 weeks and I haven't received the parcel. So she says she'll send me a replacement but I replied and said I didn't want a replacement because I wanted the items for a shoot which was on the day she sent the replacement out. She told me to send the replacement back and she would refund me. Now she's saying 'Hi
No not yet it takes around 3-4 weeks for any info from Royal mail it is a bit of a slow process
Also im not in the office3 yet to see if your return has been received but as soon as it has i will deal with it'

What the heck? I have to wait 3-4 weeks for a refund? are they serious?

basically yes

Two weeks? I'd have initiated a Paypal dispute (assuming that's how you paid) and let her argue the toss with the post office.

:plus1: The Gaypal dispute system is there for a reason, and in my opinion is better than any of these new BS measure's they've brought in.

Two weeks? I'd have initiated a Paypal dispute (assuming that's how you paid) and let her argue the toss with the post office.
Yeah I agree thing is though i'll tell her that i'll take it to paypal first, I don't want paypal telling me I didn't communicate with her enough first, you know what I mean?
:plus1: The Gaypal dispute system is there for a reason, and in my opinion is better than any of these new BS measure's they've brought in.

Goota love gaypal, apart from the bloomin fees :(

xSitara™;1436797 said:
Goota love gaypal, apart from the bloomin fees :(

And the ridiculous funds-hold policy. I'm not using ebay or paypal anymore I don't think. I've had enough of both!

Yeah when I sold my laptop they held £70 and I couldn't transfer to my back acc :(

I'd love nothing more than to never have to use ebay again......

.. but where else can you reach such a large audience. ?

It pains me everytime I list something (not often) but needs must.

I'd love nothing more than to never have to use ebay again......

.. but where else can you reach such a large audience. ?

It pains me everytime I list something (not often) but needs must.

This is true but don't the fees just P you off? Arghhh, imagine what they'd do if you sold a car :|

Compared to a live auction house Ebay fees are reasonable.
It also reaches a vastly greater audience.
As to disputes ...at least you have a good chance of getting your money back if you follow all the rules... Have you tried getting cash back from a small add sale?

xSitara™;1435704 said:
... the sellers are so lame sometimes, so I ordered something for my shoots. 5 items from one seller, I emailed her and let her know that its been a while over 2 weeks and I haven't received the parcel. So she says she'll send me a replacement but I replied and said I didn't want a replacement because I wanted the items for a shoot which was on the day she sent the replacement out. She told me to send the replacement back and she would refund me. Now she's saying 'Hi
No not yet it takes around 3-4 weeks for any info from Royal mail it is a bit of a slow process
Also im not in the office3 yet to see if your return has been received but as soon as it has i will deal with it'

What the heck? I have to wait 3-4 weeks for a refund? are they serious?

To be fair that's nothing to do with e-Bay, but the seller in question. Royal Mail disputes do take that long (sometimes longer).

I'd either raise a Paypal dispute or send a complaint mail to E-Bay; it is the sellers responsibility to refund not wait on a 3rd party before refunding anything.

but royal mail claim some silly time before it is classed as missing(3-4 weeks??), at the moment it is delayed. so it is still in transit and may well still be delivered;)

It's 15 working days before RM will accept lost mail claims.

Back