image damage when rotating in CS6

Edit My Images
No
Anyone got a fix for the following:

rotating a canon raw image in CS6 is causing it to have small breaks in the image - rotating in the same way in PSE10 is not causing the same thing - this is not a 'presentation' thing - if i convert the PSD file to a jpeg the faults are still there: see pic below

can anyone help with this?

IMG_9396TEST.jpg

thanks

Is it the original image? In which way you want to rotate the image? If any scratch happened then I guess you should have to edit that part!

well, i'd saved as a PSD i think but that shouldn't be a problem - and i know the original image was fine - as i say i've tried working on the same image in PSE10 and it's fine no cracks or damage - it's definitely something happening to the image when i rotate it in CS6

and the reason for the rotation is to have the horizon properly lined up

Can you clarify does this happen in camera raw when you rotate or when you open the image in photoshop proper and rotate? And what happens if you do it the other way around, are the marks still there. Also after rotating what happens when you zoom in on them? are they still there.

Sometimes it can be the pc being slow in redrawing the screen as you rotate, especially if you have a lot of layers using loads of memory.

Thanks for the replies - tbh this seems to have sorted it self out - i think it must just have been an off-day for my computer - will update if it still looks like an issue...
Its really great that you have sorted it out by your self. It would be awesome if you can share the solution of this issue with us as well here.

Sounds like a graphics card/driver issue to me - do you have the latest ones? Glad it's fixed anyway.

Back