Images from New Zealand

Name
Andy Drake
Edit My Images
Yes
Some pics from New Zealand - I went there for about 3 1/2 weeks over Christmas and New Year. Its Summer in New Zealand, so light was generally bad (16 hours of daylight with about 3 minutes of good light a day!).

4299055130_825e2c8ec2_o.jpg

Moraki Coastline

DSC02665.jpg

DSC02924.jpg

DSC03077.jpg

DSC03114.jpg

Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

Stunning images there, Andy, colours and lighting are superb!

New Zealand is a fabulous place for photography. These images capture capture it superbly.

Had a fantastic time when i was there, where abouts are they taken North or South island.

The area around Christchurch is stunning.

I love NZ and your images certainly capture the beauty of the place, excellent set.

Those kakapos are a bit crazy though!

Fantastic Captures I really Like No.1 No.4 No.6 No.8 No.10 And No.12 Very Sharp And Crisp And Great Colours Very Well Done

Kirk

Last edited:
Amazing set. Nice work. Especially like the 4th one with the cloud reflection. Kakapo shot is fantastic too. Hope he didn't take any of the trim off your car!

very nice, is no.2 PK bay? looks like some bogans have been doing donuts on the sand again maybe?

Last edited:
Wow! What a set! Print and bind a copy of each and you'll have a great calendar there I'm sure lol!

Are you still using a D60?

Andy.

Excellent. I do believe I have a shot of that last waterfall myself. South island. Can't remember where off the top of my head. Bit of a walk through a forested area and down a wooden walkway?

Excellent. I do believe I have a shot of that last waterfall myself. South island. Can't remember where off the top of my head. Bit of a walk through a forested area and down a wooden walkway?

haha, that could be pretty much any place on the south island. It kinda looks like purakanui falls.

Fantastic set of images there Andy, you must be happy with those!

Stunning set Andy, you've definitely made the most of those 3 minutes. Very jealous indeed.

Andy

really lovely pictures there i can't pick a fav.. truley stunning thank you for sharing

Excellent set - the mountain lake (#4) for me.

I'm still waiting to see Stu's efforts...;)

Welcome back Andy; and what am amazing collection (y)

Each of them gives an outstanding image of warmth and mystery. Would love to go down there.

Would love to know a bit more about the frustrations of the 3-minutes good light conditions and how you managed your shoots. It's something I'm suffering from a lot over here myself.

Now, about that bird shot; would not have been better to shoot it with a 200-400VR ;)

Hi Andy,

Superb set of photos, just shows how great that Sony A900 is.

Regards

Chris

Great landscapes, although the bird doesn't really fit in with all the others :p

Back