Imagining a Three River Gorge

Name
Pavel M
Edit My Images
Yes
Certainly an interesting edit, I wonder how it would look if you could straighten up that middle section (top centre) to keep all three uniform?

Certainly an interesting edit, I wonder how it would look if you could straighten up that middle section (top centre) to keep all three uniform?
A very interesting comment and in truth, it never occurred to me. That makes it really valuable to me. Ther is no problem straightening the middle. I will look into it, although I may not repost.

A very interesting comment and in truth, it never occurred to me. That makes it really valuable to me. Ther is no problem straightening the middle. I will look into it, although I may not repost.

Well that's just mean! lol

Really interesting image to me, I don't know the original scene and haven't looked it up.
For me the textures and tones work really well, providing interest and depth to the image. The depth is further enhanced by the darker tones on the top right, which gives allusions to a vanishing point. The shadows at the top also give a feeling of something bigger outside the frame and I suppose for me gives a feeling of seclusion or containment. It would probably have a different vibe if it was rotated.
I feel like there's a reference to a waterfall, which is juxtaposed by the sharp detailing of the stone. The image is also warmed, rather than blue in tone.
There is interest in the overall image and shapes, repetition, and the micro tones and textures add a richness to the details.
If it were me, I'd consider selectively smoothing some of the details to unfreeze the water slightly to give it slightly more movement and balance the static rock vs water flow.
I like the creativity and playfulness here, thank you for sharing Pavel.

Back