In car shot

Name
lee
Edit My Images
Yes
So close on this but I know where I went wrong,

Camera to high plus f7.1 so 6sec exposure equalled a pretty good interior but nothing going on outside

Lowered the camera but had nothing to wedge it in place, thought I'd risk a few with it sitting on the tripod free standing, f16 I think for longer exposure equalled a better exterior but not as sharp on the interior

Favourite trails

Favourite overall but will go out another night with a secured tripod

Thanks for looking, comments always welcomed.

Oh, must clean the windscreen before I go out next time :)

The key really is to get the tripod as secure as you can or the most ideal set up is a suction mount onto say the rear or a side window...a real trick to this type of photography is to literally slow yourself down...find a quite section of road and slow right down to say 5-10mph (y) you'll find you get much cleaner results (y)

bit of wood a tad wider than the car with a bolt the same dia as your tripod bolt though the middle of it

screw the camera to the bolt then mount the piece of wood by closing each end in the two back windows - you may find you need to do it with the camera upsidedown below the wood to get an optimum angle of view

wireless cable release on the camera , and the trigger unit taped to the steering wheel

jobs a good un - right up until the police stop you :LOL:

bit of wood a tad wider than the car with a bolt the same dia as your tripod bolt though the middle of it

screw the camera to the bolt then mount the piece of wood by closing each end in the two back windows - you may find you need to do it with the camera upsidedown below the wood to get an optimum angle of view

wireless cable release on the camera , and the trigger unit taped to the steering wheel

jobs a good un - right up until the police stop you :LOL:

hahaha. I wanted to know how to do these shots, Ive got suction pads and didnt think of sticking it inside windows. doh. Will be having a go myself later ! :)

Will do Chiffs.
These ones were taken in my wifes golf, I may have a go using my EOS, Top down and strap the tripod in, get the camera up high and go portrait style to get the in car shot and the open air, think I'll use the old a230 for that one though.

Maybe a little light to light up the inside?

140256578.jpg

Back