Incredible Mamores

Name
sam
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been rummaging through my back catalogue and finding some shots that I'm surprised I've not examined more carefully.

So much dust has gathered that these date back to May 2010. I was on a three day hike along the Mamore ridge (the ones just south of Ben Nevis). What weather. What a place. So lucky.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

sun on Mamores by pottering around Photography, on Flickr

sun on Mamores 2 by pottering around Photography, on Flickr

Mamore ridge by pottering around Photography, on Flickr

subtle moments by pottering around Photography, on Flickr

pitch perfect by pottering around Photography, on Flickr

No 2 because of the twin peaks with the lochan between, and No 4 but preferably with a touch cropped off on the left to tone down or remove the brightness that draws the eye away from the rest of the shot. If your PP skills are good you might be able to burn it in without cropping.

Cracking shots Sam :clap:
cheers there Dave!

All lovely images #1 and #5 being stunning.
Edit delete 5 insert 4 :nuts::bonk:
i go for the vote on #4 myself but sway to #2 after that. thanks though!

Cracking set Sam you had some nice light to work with #2 and #4 would make nice prints blown up large IMO (y)
cheers Kevin!

No 2 because of the twin peaks with the lochan between, and No 4 but preferably with a touch cropped off on the left to tone down or remove the brightness that draws the eye away from the rest of the shot. If your PP skills are good you might be able to burn it in without cropping.
Top thoughts for #4 Peter. I've given this a go and totally agree:

subtle moments 2 by pottering around Photography, on Flickr

# 4 for me Sam. I love the layers and the colour. A really nice set (y)
Thanks Tony!

4 for me too
noticing a pattern here! :) thanks Darren!

Great set of images
Thanks Neil

The weather was great and I was very lucky as the rainfall in this area gives meaning to the word 'dreach'. :) thanks all for your comments and feedback. feel free to pitch in with other suggestions though!

Lovely images, was there a few years ago myself one sunny October bagging five Munros in one day got back to the car at dusk!

I'm in with the #4 club - cant quite put my finger on it why thou but it stands out more than the rest...

love the pics, but I'm sorry to say I only looked because i thought it said "incredible mammories" :LOL: :LOL:

tremendous! now I know what to put on the (tit)les of all future threads! :LOL:

i think 4 and 2 work as the composition a light are better. 1 lacks from a sense of place as it's just the mountain against a dark background with no further reference.

3 does not have light of the first two and therefore the contrast to make the landscape really pop. 5 was in there as I just love my tent and felt it added to the story of my trip.

for me, 4 is the winner and the light is softer and it has more depth due tot he light cast. very interesting that my mind is where most peoples is (which is a first!).

Back