Incredible wedding - sun, sand and a light orb!

rdh

Edit My Images
No
Heck. What an incredible couple and day! Blown away.

Full storyboard

Teaser:

5856.jpg

That was last weekend! Check those skies! :D

Possibly the best wedding storyboard capture I have seen! amazing work mate they will be over the moon I know I would be.

I'm not a wedding tog or a pretend one either and it's been 20 years since we had our wedding album presented to us so I'm not particularly qualified but this really is a stunning set. The couple will be over the moon with these I'm sure.

Photography is about capturing the moment and you've done that so many times and not just moments but memories. The best being what looks like spontaneous laughter in the middle of the service. Superb. Thanks for sharing.

You said it "incredible". Another wonderful collection, I really enjoy looking at your storyboards and it always seems to be sunny! :)

amazing set of images once again. I think the few from when the sun was just above the horizon are my favorites. A bit too much grain on a lot of them for my taste but good work on the whole

I hate you Ross!

God damn talented.....lol

p.s. what is your wireless flash set up?

PW? Skysports?

Last edited:
Great as normal,Your one if not my favourite wedding photographer on here,and as normal you deliver.Im sure they were very happy.

But i have to agree about the grain/noise in most of them even in the outside daylight shots is slightly distracting.

Controversial as ever :)
I'm too 'old school' to appreciate most of these but some are excellent - I love the last one and many of the 'night' shots give a real flavour to the event ... I don't get the shots with the bra marks left in, looks unflattering to me.

Ross you're really starting to get on my nerves now!! Really excellent like normal, like I have said before a real fresh and modern way to capture a wedding.

Brilliant - really great storyboard. Love the skies and the fun evening shots

Another great set Ross. Coming from a far more traditional way of shooting weddings I'm finding real inspiration in your work
Nicely composed group shot in there as well :)

Absolutely superb. If I could afford you I'd fly you out to Greece when we finally tie the knot. :)

That sounds awesome! :¬)

Fantastic! Great work, storyboard was the best i've seen!

Brilliant - really great storyboard. Love the skies and the fun evening shots

Thanks!

Another great set Ross. Coming from a far more traditional way of shooting weddings I'm finding real inspiration in your work
Nicely composed group shot in there as well :)

Awesome, thanks dude :)

:clap: Think you've really spoilt them here, going to be hard to surpass that wedding!

I would be well pleased to produce work of this quality and display it like this.
Great to see the 2nd or you through the stair rail and in other places.
The angle of the chair and the shoes on top, nice touch.
Bride where she's almost looking shy with her groom and vicar.
Lady in the red jumper walking past and the shot of bouquet with the sky as the background.
I could go on, but it all speaks for its self. The bride and groom are going to be one happy couple.

Yep, you did it again! Excellent!

It is totally refreshing and really great to find your work being appreciated and now inspirational by people who originally found shooting roof tops and apexes ridiculous :)

Yep, you did it again! Excellent!

It is totally refreshing and really great to find your work being appreciated and now inspirational by people who originally found shooting roof tops and apexes ridiculous :)

It is possible to admire & find inspiration in people's work without embracing every aspect of it ;)

You've excelled yourself with this one Ross.
You must be a whirlwind during the day.
The 2nd from last is a wonderful finishing shot.

It is possible to admire & find inspiration in people's work without embracing every aspect of it ;)

Sure it is! I just found your comment a bit of a suprise really knowing that not even a couple of weeks ago you said you would bin anything that was modern or quirky.

This.. ladies and gentlemen is how you storyboard a wedding! Outstanding work sir. Hats off to you.

I'm not sure the tilt-shift stuff is doing much for me, but that's more to do with me being sick of seeing it, but I bet the client loves it, and that's all that matters.

I hope you charged appropriately.

[edit]

Personally I'd have left out the light orb. Kind just seems a bit weird and out of context with the rest... although there is a slight thematic link with the slow sync stuff towards the end... which BTW I love as it really gives a sense of the increasing inebriation one tends to witness towards the end of these little shin digs :)

Last edited:
Ive never shot a wedding...and never will do.... but hats off to you, for capturing the moment in such an unique way. Im sure they will be well pleased, and more importantly, will look at these in 20 yrs time, and still be pleased.. Some are a tad bright for my tired old eyes, but still a very inventive set..excellent work on a difficult subject, which many try to capture, and fail miserably.

Back