Indian walkabout

Edit My Images
No
I'd have liked to have seen some with wider views to place these people into some sort of context as for me they're far to tight for my tastes :shrug:

Welcome to TP :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
I like your second photo of the kid smiling. If you are still hyderabad, try and visit some of the big parks or places like golconda palace etc

kendun said:
I like your second photo of the kid smiling. If you are still hyderabad, try and visit some of the big parks or places like golconda palace etc

I'm back home. I have some of Golconda and also another fort, I need to sort thru them. Will be going back though - what parks did you visit?

MWHCVT said:
I'd have liked to have seen some with wider views to place these people into some sort of context as for me they're far to tight for my tastes :shrug:

Welcome to TP :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks for the feedback Matt. I confess I was fascinated by the faces and over cropped. Here's a couple with less crop...

Old Lady Saluting

Salute (uncropped) by J1P5, on Flickr

The Coconut Guy

Nuts by J1P5, on Flickr
(at least I was told they were coconuts!)

Dusty Girl

Dusty Girl by J1P5, on Flickr
...this girl made me cry, I put my camera away and dragged myself back to my 5star western hotel

Keen to know if the extra context improves them for you.

Jon

Love the old lady. Love the smily boy, and the last image, cropped or not, is beautiful. Some places I would love to go. I have a friend at camera club who is pakistani and goes back on a regular basis...his photography is superb...there's something about that area, and the people, that makes interesting photos.

Thanks for sharing.

kendun said:

Hi

I put a few of Golconda, Bonghir and just around HYD into the Architecture and Urban section (seemed appropriate) under "short trip to India"

Jon

Bend The Light said:
Love the old lady. Love the smily boy, and the last image, cropped or not, is beautiful. Some places I would love to go. I have a friend at camera club who is pakistani and goes back on a regular basis...his photography is superb...there's something about that area, and the people, that makes interesting photos.

Thanks for sharing.

That's really kind thanks. The old lady was funny, I was sure she was taking the mickey, she had that look in her eye. You should go, it's exciting, humbling, friendly, colourful, noisy, and much more all at the same time. An experience, not all good but an experience all the same.

I'm back home. I have some of Golconda and also another fort, I need to sort thru them. Will be going back though - what parks did you visit?

Went to Hyderabad around 1998/1999 so my memory fails me regarding the names of the places:crying:

What I do remember is the amazing food :D

tonester said:
Number 2 and number 6 are the stand out images for me. If I'm honest I would prob have composed them with the subject a little more off centre looking into the negative space. Defo work great in mono.

Thanks for the feedback. Looking at the cropped version of the girl I think you're completely right and if I were cropping it again I'd leave that space to the left perhaps in a landscape aspect. When I removed the crop I was struck (again) by a small child barefoot in a building site and think I prefer it portrait to keep that feeling but that's probably my personal connection to the way I felt at the time.

The young boy was in a gang of about 6 running around me with cricket bats and getting one good shot before they ran off was luck - I'm not going to pretend I composed anything! I've cropped it in a bit with the boy less central and again I think that works. Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate.

Cheers

Jon

Agree with othe people the cropped ones look to soft now, after cropping you would of needed to do some sharpening on them but i think they look much better un cropped as its shows us more about where they are and what theyre doing.

The one for me is the little buy no. 2 thats your winning shot

They all look much better uncropped. I like number 2 the best, getting down to the kids level to shoot him really captured the moment well.

Absolutely love #2. So full of life.

Thanks all for your feedback, much appreciated. Need to look around closer to home for interesting subjects. Jon

Back