Indiana Moley III

Edit My Images
Yes
Part 3 :D (Part I, Part II)

This time on-location! I've been wanting to do these shots for quite a while and an opportunity presented itself this evening so away I go! I got a friend to get the focus confirmation and hit the shutter button after composing these shots.

On Black

On Black

On Black

On Black

Great shots and a great idea there Stephen have to say number 1 is my favourite is th eonly lighting in these the lighter or was there some off camera flash used to?

Sean

Just the lighter balanced to the ambient light :)

Those are great shots, and fairly sharp. Did you use any other light source apart from natural and the lighter?

These where just shot about 30min after sunset so the light was dropping fast it started with the ambient quite dim about 2 stops lower than I was shooting to get my face nicely exposed by the lighter. Near the end my face was only illuminated by the lighter as the ambient dropped away to the point of it being insignificant.

I think on future shoots like this I'll bring my flash and use it to help me balance out the light even after the ambient has dropped below usable levels.

if you want to balance flash and lighter you might wanna put a waming gel on the flash

Yeah I have a variety of different gels for them. I do quite like the effect the different white balances had in #2 although it probably would look a bit better if the difference wasn't quite so extreme. I really need to find myself somebody to pose as Indiana Jones I think, doing them as self portraits is hard work.

I do have more idea's and a couple more possible props and locations so I'll probably post up some more in the next couple of months.

Last edited:
these are great! first is my favourite too :)

#1 and #3 are amazing. This was a really good idea! #1 I think could of been even better if there was something inscribed on the wall the light is shining on and you were looking at it.

I'm intending on doing a similar shoot in a different location where I can actually write on the wall or paint on it with some watercolours or something.

I couldn't do anything to the wall here as it's actually the wall of a castle near here. I tried photoshop but I couldn't get anything that didn't look fake.

Back