Indoor Track Cycling - Tricky Lighting.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Manchester Velodrome yesterday.

Over 7 hours of taking photos, probably 1000 shots, most of which were rubbish, mostly blurred or oof.

No flash, high Iso.

Quite pleased with these.

Hopefully I get a flash for my birthday. :)

ClicKy pics for more.

I like this set a lot, a good mixture of action and portait / candids. It must have been difficult lighting so I think you did very well. Off to have a look at your Flickr stream now.(y)

Last edited:
Good shots - I was there yesterday too, though not shooting.
It was a good afternoon - even though freeride mtb is more my cup of tea.

FYI on your website in the skills section you mention the following:
Skills, include, climbing, descending, breaking - I can usually handle the breaking on my own, did you mean braking?

LOL, and I thought I could spell.

I haven't managed to break anyone yet.

Nice shots. I like the more 'abstract' shots you have (helmets etc).

I keep meaning to go sown to the Velodrome, being as its only 15 mins from my house. What are the restrictions on photography like? Are there any?

Chris

What are the restrictions on photography like? Are there any?

Hi Chris, when the champs are on there are certain areas you can't get without a pass.

But I had no pass yesterday, and could touch the riders.

I did get told off once for resting my camera on the rail, only once though :)

Nice set of pics Rich. More a MTB XC myself but would love to try track Cycling shots. Are there regular meets at the Velodrome?, as it's not far from me!. Kind regards Graham.

Thanks Graham.

Next one is on Novemeber 15th, but afaik it's sold out.

See below for details for forthcoming meets.

http://www.manchestervelodrome.com/

Though the velodrome is used by clubs regularly, so I guess you could go most times and get some shots.

Nice set - takes me back a bit. I'm loving the pose of the leading rider in No5, you've caught a real explosion of effort there, I'd think about a crop concentrating on him -assuming you have the room to do it of course. :)

Thanks for your comments.

I'm looking forward my next visit on Saturday.

Very interesting to see what didn't make it here from flickr e.g. Faces and Madison.

I'm glad you don't yet have a flash (take that as a compliment!).

Back