Instagram

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
Hi, does anyone on here use instagram and post there pictures on it? Post your names here for a follow.

Thanks!

My instagram is ggl27

Dont use it as much as I used to, its gone very "clique" over the last year. Same people all the time commenting on the same people's photos, "OMG thts amzng" when its clearly not.

tcr4x4

I love it. It's just another way of expressing yourself photographically.

I don't put much on there but love seeing some of the quality work from people that use it creatively. Search for Amazingamyuk and see what I mean.

You can find me on an API called Gramfeed that I use cos it's a damn sight quicker than my phone and much more user friendly.

http://www.gramfeed.com/philip_lench and I'm the philip_lench bit

I've a couple of pics on there.

I'm dinners71

Only used it once or twice though as I've only just got the app.

I'm in Andalucia and uploading loads. My username is the same as here.

My username is 5nowy

i use it every now & again, i don't think my images are all that fantastic. I also use Camera Zoom FX on my phone, to be honest i'd rather use my camera then my phone for pictures.
Maybe i'm being snobby...

btw my id is aidan257

i like Instagram, if you follow interesting people you get to see interesting things. almost like a comic book snapshot strip of their lives :)

i'm on there as sh0wtime

I use mine as a place to post photographs that illustrate my day to day life & which I wish to share with others I know. From a photographic perspective, mines not interesting but I'm under the username I use on here :}

TCR4x4 said:
Dont use it as much as I used to, its gone very "clique" over the last year. Same people all the time commenting on the same people's photos, "OMG thts amzng" when its clearly not.

tcr4x4

I find the same thing. Do you feel that way about flickr? I haven't spent much time on it but the popular pics are mostly, well not so good. There are exceptions. Is there a trick to weeding out the bad? Is there a storage/social site that is made up of serious photographers? Sorry for all the questions. :/

shaylou said:
I find the same thing. Do you feel that way about flickr? I haven't spent much time on it but the popular pics are mostly, well not so good. There are exceptions. Is there a trick to weeding out the bad? Is there a storage/social site that is made up of serious photographers? Sorry for all the questions. :/

Flickr is very much the same. I've given up taking both of them seriously.

For a proper photographer social site, check out 500px.com

It's still a bit like it, but nowhere near as bad, and the majority of the photos are genuinely of a very high standard.

TCR4x4 said:
Flickr is very much the same. I've given up taking both of them seriously.

For a proper photographer social site, check out 500px.com

It's still a bit like it, but nowhere near as bad, and the majority of the photos are genuinely of a very high standard.

Flickr is primarily a hosing site, the groups are an offshoot of that hosting.

POAH said:
Flickr is primarily a hosing site, the groups are an offshoot of that hosting.

In the past possibly, but in recent time it's become a social media site as much as twitter or faceache.

Mines acwii and I've managed to post a grand total of 5 images in the week that I've had it :/ I need to get snapping.

Since an android update yesterday mines not working :(

Bother mine's gone wrong too... I hadn't done the update but it wasn't loading any pages and wouldn't do anything. Tried reinstalling it and now I can't even log in, hope they fix it soon.
Ditto, I'm afraid :shake:

postcardcv said:
Bother mine's gone wrong too... I hadn't done the update but it wasn't loading any pages and wouldn't do anything. Tried reinstalling it and now I can't even log in, hope they fix it soon.

On iPhone and mines broke too

On iPhone and mines broke too

And me. Tried before and after the update, said that it couldn't connect to the server. Accidentally touch the "forgot password" button and Safari couldn't connect to that either so it looks like an Instagram server issue so hopefully it will get fixed soon.

They know about it, so should be fixed soon.

Apparently it's down to severe electrical storms. They've been trying to rectify it for over 12 hours!

It's terrible. I mean, how long does it take to fix the servers that provide this free service to millions of people?

Ok, just to clarify. My comment regarding it taking over 12 hours was to illustrate how severe the problem must be, It wasn't a complaint.

Ok, just to clarify. My comment regarding it taking over 12 hours was to illustrate how severe the problem must be, It wasn't a complaint.

Sorry. Smilie added to (hopefully) lighten the mood of my post!

News feed is still down on mine , but apart from that all up and running .
user
John eos snapper

Also search seems to be down

Last edited:
I use it quite a lot. It's a pretty easy way to document the things you see, especially when you don't have a proper camera to hand.

I know a lot of people use the funky 'lomo' filters to make up for a poor shot, but if you take it with a pinch of salt you can accept it for just another way to capture moments that you might miss if you had to spend time digging out a camera / lens etc from your bag.

My username is: Ashleyprigmore

Ash. said:
I use it quite a lot. It's a pretty easy way to document the things you see, especially when you don't have a proper camera to hand.

I know a lot of people use the funky 'lomo' filters to make up for a poor shot, but if you take it with a pinch of salt you can accept it for just another way to capture moments that you might miss if you had to spend time digging out a camera / lens etc from your bag.

My username is: Ashleyprigmore

I see your point, I guess sometimes we get caught up in perfecting our art so much we expect everyone to take it as seriously as we do.

P.s.
I have an account but I'm too embarrassed to show it because my girlfriend loads it with awful pictures. So much for my first statement huh... lol.

Back