North England Interesting sites in South Yorkshire

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
I am wanting to get out more with the camera but dont know many places near where i live that i could go explore and practice more with the camera.
I live in Mexborough (Dont judge i just moved in with the girlfriend used to live in pontefract so not sure which is worse) so anywhere between Doncaster and Rotherham would be ideal. Im after places with either nice landscapes, waterfalls or animals basically anything to get me out and chance to play around with the camera and get more practice.

Hi, im in Sheffield, you have Conisborough castle nearby as well as the peak district not too far away.

Yeah keep meaning to go to the castle as that's just down the road. Will have a walk round one evening

there are 3 big lakes on the Wentworth estate at Greaseborough, about 2-3 miles away, great for wildlife / birds if you have any telephoto lenses. Another couple that are similar are denaby ings, Worsborough Reservoir, old moor wetlands and Sprotbrough flash. Poterick carr a bit further away, south of doncaster.

Wentworth village is quite picturesque, Elsecar Heritage Centre just a bit further on from Wentworth. There is the gardens at Wentworth castle / northern college.

Also if you like gardens and old houses, Brodsworth Hall and Cusworth Hall more towards Doncaster from you.

Cheers for them some of them will make sure I try get to. Went down denaby ings other day and enjoyed the hour or so I spent there. Will try get to some of the other places.

Back