Into the Kitchen...

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Pineapple chutney in the Buff!

Pineapple, apple, tumeric, cloves, mustard seeds, cinnamon sticks, demererra sugar, star anise.... next on the list - HEAT!

p_chutney_1.jpg

More to come....

oooh looking forward to the next pics :D

Unfortunately, Marcel, the pics are on the BIG 'puter upstairs :(

They're also on another disk but, as I'm on my company's machine (and can't install the necessary drivers to access our network disk) we'll just have to wait to see if I can't sleep tonight .... unless I find me uvver lappie.... Marrianne's right though .... it didn't half niff.... think we're gonna have to be brave to eat it!

That reminds me - there's a gammon ham waiting to be cooked... yummy. I could be twenty stone soon :LOL:

Did it smell that bad?
I've never been brave enough to make chutney. let alone pineapple (I end up eating it when I chop out pineapples up :D)

It wasn't so much bad as PUNGENT. Ooh, that reminds me - I forgot to mention the cider vinegar.....

It permeated the whole house. Then, when the front door was open, our neighbours thought they'd moved next to the Branston factory. The last lot I made was quite tasty, this should be better cos I got loads of mustard seeds which the first lot didn't have.

You oought to give it a go. Goes great with smoked ham! You can even glaze it with the stuff. Although, how you glaze something what's got lumps is beyond me :shrug: ... I'll have to ask the expert.... M A R I E ?????

That'll be good. If you dropped it on the floor it wouldn't pick up all that fluff!

I feel a funny fotie coming on! ;)

Boil to a mushy pulp!

p_chutney_2.jpg

Back