ipad people

As you are asking in a photography forum I would say the iPad 3 due to the higher resolution display.
The iPad 2 however has much lower battery consumption. They doubled the battery size in the iPad 3 to compensate but that means it takes about 8 hours for a full charge instead of 4.

I actually prefer the colour of the ipad2 screen compared to my ipad 3

While the extra resolution is fantastic on the 3, the colours are more accurate on the 2, the 3 is a shade cooler.

gblades said:
As you are asking in a photography forum I would say the iPad 3 due to the higher resolution display.
The iPad 2 however has much lower battery consumption. They doubled the battery size in the iPad 3 to compensate but that means it takes about 8 hours for a full charge instead of 4.

Wow didn't know that....that's made me think twice about upgrading from my ipad2 for sure!

Yes I use the iPad most f the time now instead of my notebook. Lightroom is pretty much he only thing he notebook is used for now.

The ipad is a media consumption device, you're mad to not get the iPad3 if you ask me. The screen is so far ahead of the iPad2....I can sit and comfortably read books/papers/websites for hours with no eye strain and 1080P videos look great.

Text and images on the older ipads just look dreadful in comparison.

Not noticed any change in battery charge time as if mine ever goes on charge it's overnight.

mid_gen said:
The ipad is a media consumption device, you're mad to not get the iPad3 if you ask me. The screen is so far ahead of the iPad2....I can sit and comfortably read books/papers/websites for hours with no eye strain and 1080P videos look great.

Text and images on the older ipads just look dreadful in comparison.

Not noticed any change in battery charge time as if mine ever goes on charge it's overnight.

I can use my iPad2 with no eye strain too :thinking:

We compared screens on my 2 with my bosses 3 side by side and it's a bit sharper as you'd expect but the colours are pretty much the same to the eye.

The iPad 3 also has;

Faster processor, twice as much system ram (1gb as opposed to 512mb) and obviously 4g LTE but it's still open as to whether we'll see 4g LTE over here...

The screen for me made the purchase a no brainer. The images from my 50d look even better than printed images on the iPad 3 screen.

Back