iPhone IOS4 now available !

Installed

Don't like the lock screen image being visible behind the icons :puke:

stick your own image there

I'm hoefully getting the new iPhone 4 on the 23/24th whenever its released!!

I'm hoefully getting the new iPhone 4 on the 23/24th whenever its released!!

I'm waiting for version 5 as the outlay would come out of my camera stuff spending money! Unfortunately I upgraded in January from the 3G to the 3Gs!

Installed, now I have one bricked iPhone! (3G)

Recovery wont work, DFU mode doesn't help!

Having to try and recover on the MBP, which it hasn't been on before, so it's trying to install a fresh copy of 3.1.3...

Cheers Apple....

Downloading......very......very.......slowly :(

I'm underwhelmed. Folders are pretty cool though. Guess we'll have to wait for more multitasking app updates before it actually becomes useful :-(

Nowt exciting and my gmail is broken! Do I really want to get that iphone 4 I have reserved for thursday?

Daft question possibly, however do all the apps still work as before or do they need updates too? I only have a couple but I use them a fair bit.

I forgot what happened when I done the 2.x > 3.1 upgrade...

They all work, at least mine do, but there's only a few that take advantage of some of the new features (eg. multitasking)

Current status: Backing up iPhone.....Gulp

Done it on my wife's 3GS iPhone. The whole process took about an hour and was very smooth.

Did anyone get the new (the ones shown on the new iPhone 4) background wallpapers?

Done my 3Gs phone and had a 1 minute play now updating my old 3G which my son now has.....

Me jailbroken, so won't be updating!! ;)

Mine updated, but struggled with copying my data across from the back up, its still going now.

can I update an iPhone 3G 8G to OS4 or is it just for new iPhone4

iPod Touch now on iOS4 - GMail works and I can't find any broken apps :)

You can now pair it with an Apple bluetooth keyboard (y)

Well I've lost all of my mail folders for my work account through Google Apps, in fact nothing from Google has synced at all, no mail or calendars. I'm going back to 3.1.3 I think.

Installed, now I have one bricked iPhone! (3G)

Recovery wont work, DFU mode doesn't help!

Having to try and recover on the MBP, which it hasn't been on before, so it's trying to install a fresh copy of 3.1.3...

Cheers Apple....

This happened to in January my 3G phone on one of the version 3 updates. Software got halfway through updating, phone crashed and got into a reboot/crash loop.

Took it to Apple Guru desk in Bristol who tried for ages then said nothing could be done.As it was 13 months old it was out of warranty and O2 didn't want to know either. O2's phone insurance that I had didn't cover it 'as it's not broken sir'.

I had to pay £190 for a new 3gS phone upgrade.

Still the good news is if that happens to you, currently you can get a 16Gb 3GS phone for £50 upgrade cost from O2, and sell your bust phone to carphone warehouse who just want it for bits. My old 16gb 3G one got £185 on Friday.

This happened to in January my 3G phone on one of the version 3 updates. Software got halfway through updating, phone crashed and got into a reboot/crash loop.

Took it to Apple Guru desk in Bristol who tried for ages then said nothing could be done.As it was 13 months old it was out of warranty and O2 didn't want to know either. O2's phone insurance that I had didn't cover it 'as it's not broken sir'.

I had to pay £190 for a new 3gS phone upgrade.

Still the good news is if that happens to you, currently you can get a 16Gb 3GS phone for £50 upgrade cost from O2, and sell your bust phone to carphone warehouse who just want it for bits. My old 16gb 3G one got £185 on Friday.

Sounds like a nightmare!

I got it working in the end by putting the phone in DFU mode on the MacBook (I normally use my iMac with the phone) it basically installed it as a new phone, and put OS 3.1.3 on it!

I've got the new phone coming thursday, so not sure weather to bother or not trying to get this on 4 tonight!

Dave.

Well, it seems a little snapper on my 3G, and folders are useful....but no wallpaper on the 3G, and no rotation lock is a kick in the balls. Just a cheap shot to push people towards a new iPhone upgrade. Next upgrade will be Android for me.

Oh and the update wiped my phone, lost all my contacts, messages etc. Managed to get my apps back.....but lost all my progress in Angry Birds (anyone that plays it will know how infuriating that is).

Back