Iron Bridge

Name
owen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone, I recently went for a walk in the iron bridge area. I got a few shots that i was fairly happy with as i'm new to DSLR's. Any critique would be helpful.

8811913922_71a497ab75_b.jpg

8811921930_4078ca8f57_b.jpg

I also made an attempt of doing an edit of the previous image, I was fairly pleased with the result.

8801356505_16a3c8d502_b.jpg

Cheers Owen

Technically things look fine in the first two but think the compositions need a bit of work. The title suggests the images should be about the bridge but the angles are reducing how much of it you can see and the images look to be more about the town/village near the bridge.

In image #1, there is a reflection of the bridge in the water. If you live near by, I'd suggest going back and see if you can focus on that area because it looks like it has a lot if potential.

I'm sorry to say, but I really don't like the colour pop on #3, it's really not working for me and agree that full BW would be better.

Cheers for the feedback.
I had a feeling the edit may not be to everyone's taste. I've got this copy of image #2 in mono. But felt the trees on right hand side looks a bit cluttered.
8802284063_f5a4d022a5_b.jpg

Cheers Owen

I like the mono a lot. The selective colouring doesn't work at all for me (but I can't recall ever seeing any selective colouring ever that I liked). The colour is quite nice, but the mono is stronger. Nice shot.

I like the mono a lot. The selective colouring doesn't work at all for me (but I can't recall ever seeing any selective colouring ever that I liked). The colour is quite nice, but the mono is stronger. Nice shot.

Cheers

Back