is he the most deadliest predator

great set of pics there... looks like its on abodybuilders diet lol

How long dis it take to capture those superb shots?
you must of had some patience.

How long dis it take to capture those superb shots?
you must of had some patience.

you hit the nail on the head with Herons, i have come across them straight away and had the shot but more often than not i have been acting like a tree for hours before i got the shot or not got the shot, they are so unpredicable, thanks :)

Some cracking action there! The most i've seen them do is scratch their heads. Well done (y)

And i thought my diet was dodgy! Jeezz! lovely images mate, should make them into one big print!

Tell me it didn't manage to swallow the duckling! :eek:

Amazing shots, really really good!!

I've watched these birds whilst out fishing and it's truly shocking/amazing what they eat sometimes. I once watched a pair plucking ducklings from the nest. That was really sad, but at the same time, that's life and nature doing its thing.

It certainly has a varied diet, great set of shots.

Tell me it didn't manage to swallow the duckling! :eek:

unfortunately he did Gramps, took him a good 5 mins or so to drown it then swallow it, was stuck in the neck for quite a time apparently as a friend saw him later in the day and said he didnt look too well, the duckling was near the size of his mother (tufted duck) :(

Holy sh.....

Utterly amazing images, and even more amazing, I had no idea they ate these sorts of things!!

Incredible work :clap:

Excellent shots. I am always fascinated by herons and did not realise they ate other birds.

Excellent shots. I am always fascinated by herons and did not realise they ate other birds.

Certainly are fascinating shots. I have seen herons in flight pluck ducklings from water, land, then swallow them.

Nice collection you've got there.
They'll certainly eat anything but I seem to recall seeing a photograph sometime last year where one certainly got it's comeuppance, a White Tailed Sea Eagle fancied a bit Heron for dinner.

Absolutely brilliant, wildlife never ceases to amaze us!

Back