Is it art?

Like the third. Yes graffiti is art, when done properly. Tagging over everything in sight however is mindless vandalism. I love proper work though, that's taken time and skill

They capture the mood of a derelict building and you've got nice graffiti images. The yemptation must be to under expose to get a dark contrasty look a d it's all the better you've not done that as you've resolved so much more detail this way

Thank you all for taking the time to comment. This was certainly a departure for me in terms of subject matter having previously concentrated almost exclusively at attempting landscapes ( not least of the challenges was actually getting into the place :) ) I must admit though I found the whole experience very rewarding.. thank you as well for the positive nature of your comments.. the pictures don't really do the colours justice I'm afraid as the whole place just vibrates in some areas.. some of the graffiti is good.. some is very bad and some is strikingly original and mainly all done on a grand scale.

I did try some in black and white Ivan but seemed to me to lose something vital in the translation. Just an opinion that is like most of my opinions open to be changed in the light of experience.

its certainly eye catching and a good subject for camera high jinks with saturation and a mood of inside looking out
cheers
geoff

All the tagging in 2 has killed any "art"

Back