is it worth buying lightroom 3

Edit My Images
No
Curry's are selling it on eBay for £40 is it a worthwhile buy?

I would say no, save up and get LR4 due to the various sliders. The downside of LR 4 is it could be very slow on your pc if it is below a i3.

Only if you're still on Win XP, 'cause LR4 won't work. LR3 is a very functional prog, though.

I have lr3, but bought lr4 few month back & it work very slow with my old PC with 3 mb ram. End up bought another new PC with 8 mb ram.

Nowadays with 3MB or even 8MB ...wow :p Whoever sold you the PC must be a genius ^^

Cheers guy's I was not sure if it was a good buy for the money, have read a few good things about it,

PatrickO I have no other lightroom

And as im new to digital I think I may take a punt on it.

Cheers guy's I was not sure if it was a good buy for the money, have read a few good things about it,

PatrickO I have no other lightroom

And as im new to digital I think I may take a punt on it.

As other have mentioned, check your computer spec carefully before going for 4/5.

LR3 is a brilliant tool and faster than the later versions. It will almost certainly do everything you want in PP and file management.

LR3 is a great very capable bit of software and way faster than 4 and 5. I have an i5 with 12GB of ram and 4 is still slow at times. 3 never slowed even when I only had 6GB of ram.

I do love the new sliders in 4 though, big improvement once you get the hang of them.

Well bit the bullet and ordered a copy I read the recommended specs for the computer and mine are fine now to find tutorials lol:)

Still using LR3 here and does all I need, got a guide book for it too and think I will wait a while before getting anything more modern.

I still use LR3, you can also download photoshop CS2 for free from the Adobe site.

Am I right in thinking LR3 doesn't update to include the latest RAW compatibility? Certainly my LR3, which claims to be up to date, won't read RAW files form my D3200.

Am I right in thinking LR3 doesn't update to include the latest RAW compatibility? Certainly my LR3, which claims to be up to date, won't read RAW files form my D3200

If your camera isn't supported in LR3 you could use the DNG converter and then it will work fine

If your camera isn't supported in LR3 you could use the DNG converter and then it will work fine

There is so much good old fashioned common sense being shown in this thread, I could cry!;)

PS just say no to upgraditis!

Excuse me, I stand corrected.

All I know is I downloaded it for free about two months ago..

Back