Is Panamoz "back"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the key is that everyone leaves it alone , not that one side leaves it alone on pain of mod action while the other group repeatedly pokes the bear with a sharp stick to see if they can get a reaction.

Well put.

But theres no way he would do that because his report would be invisible except to the Mod team and the last thing he wants is to be invisible, he wants to be the big bad bully of the forums and as visible and as vocal as possible, its how Bullies and Trolls operate

I hardly think that 2 posts since Sept. 13th this year in this thread justifies being labelled as "he wants to be the big bad bully of the forums and as visible and as vocal as possible, its how Bullies and Trolls operate".

Like I said, I made my point earlier and was happy to leave it at that but you have quoted a reply quoting me and your use of the word "he" references me so I feel it's appropriate to point out that I think this is wrong given my low post count on the subject.

Ah i see Pat, i quoted Rapscallion who in turn had quoted you, sorry about that, my reply wasn't intended to be aimed at you, apologies.

But the key is that everyone leaves it alone , not that one side leaves it alone on pain of mod action while the other group repeatedly pokes the bear with a sharp stick to see if they can get a reaction.

The problem there is that these threads don't start as someone posting "hey look what I paid too little tax for" They start as genuine queries about a source of supply or a "this is a good price for this item" post, the threads only degenerate into bickering when other people get on their high horses and won't leave well alone.

While we're on the subject of high horses, we have a dealer forum for Digital Rev here, they have done the same thing with misrepresenting an items value on declaration forms but I have yet to see one person pick them up for it on a single thread in their forum. I find this particularly odd given some folks stated views on such criminal activity.

While we're on the subject of high horses, we have a dealer forum for Digital Rev here, they have done the same thing with misrepresenting an items value on declaration forms but I have yet to see one person pick them up for it on a single thread in their forum. I find this particularly odd given some folks stated views on such criminal activity.

I find it particularly odd when one of the more vocal complainants has recently made a purchase from them.

I find it particularly odd when one of the more vocal complainants has recently made a purchase from them.

While that wasn't me, I would say I would never discount buying from them, Panamoz and Digital Rev (not counting their recent dip in customer service) seem to offer good service at a good price.

The difference being that I would declare the import to HMRC and hold the retailer to their promise to make good on any vat/duty charged (at the correct rate on the true value).

I presume that was aimed at me? (not sure why it makes any difference to the topic either.)

Your tone, like many who do not like facts or criticism about certain practices, is starting to become a tad more personal, rather than looking at the wider issue which is supposed to be want we are discussing.
I have not, nor never will, criticise a purchaser personally, even if I don't agree with their decision. It won't stop me highlighting the bigger issue to others though! :wave:

Like I've said before, more than once btw, it's up to the individual to decide.
That's why I keep saying that as long as posters/readers are aware of the facts & possible issues, it's their decision.
So pointing out & discussing the issues, enables potential buyers to make their decision......hence forums & discussions!

Incidentally, my wife purchased a FujiX20 camera not too long ago from an online supplier (I won't name them) @ a £60+ saving on a UK sourced one. It arrived within a few days, so no hold up with customs & was marked as a £36 item. :mad:
Like I've said before.....it was a personal decision, but that doesn't detract from how I feel about the practice of mislabelling which shouldn't be allowed! (if she gets stung for any fees/VAT it will no doubt deter her in the future (y) )

(lets see if someone can blame me for that @ maybe use it in their defence too :rolleyes: )

OK, this thread is starting to become personal, as well as thoroughly derailed.
Mind the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back