Is Panamoz "back"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to order the 700D with 18-135mm STM lens kit. (If i manage to get the money for it :D )

Anyone recently ordered ? How long does it take to arrive ?
My last order with them was in January and it took about 5-6 days to arrive.

Waiting part sucks... what you guys think, any chance i can get it this week? , Payd yesterday got the tracking number today.

Tracking showing message:Connection Delay. Recovery Actions Underway.
And Status: Excemption

Anyone had this before?

Depends where it is, maybe a plane broke down?

If it doesn't move by Monday/Tuesday contact Panamoz but don't worry about it.

Just ordered an EOS M kit with 18-55 IS and 22mm complete with the flash gun and the EF-EOS M adapter. I've been interested in trying one of these for a while for the times when a dslr isn't practical. I was at a gig recently and there was drinks flying about, there's always some that spoil things, so I didn't want to get my 5D3 and Sigma 24-70 EX HSM out and risk over £2500 worth of kit getting wrecked. I'd of been able to use the EOS M and 18-55 and still get similar shots but I would of been able to cover it up easily. The Panamoz price was £373.45 altogether and will end up around £475 by the time duty and vat have been paid which is still a big saving over a UK based seller where the same kit would of been around £640 and that was including a second hand 22mm lens and not a new one. A saving of over £150 is excellent IMO and this is the first time I've used Panamoz for quite a while, last time was over a year ago, but the customer service was excellent as usual.

As a bonus my son has decided he wants to get more into photography, he has cerebral palsy and has a bad left hand and can't cope with a dslr and zoom lens, so I'm hoping he'll be able to borrow the M and get used to using his arm more so it'll be good therapy as well.

Just ordered an EOS M kit with 18-55 IS and 22mm complete with the flash gun and the EF-EOS M adapter. I've been interested in trying one of these for a while for the times when a dslr isn't practical. I was at a gig recently and there was drinks flying about, there's always some that spoil things, so I didn't want to get my 5D3 and Sigma 24-70 EX HSM out and risk over £2500 worth of kit getting wrecked. I'd of been able to use the EOS M and 18-55 and still get similar shots but I would of been able to cover it up easily. The Panamoz price was £373.45 altogether and will end up around £475 by the time duty and vat have been paid which is still a big saving over a UK based seller where the same kit would of been around £640 and that was including a second hand 22mm lens and not a new one. A saving of over £150 is excellent IMO and this is the first time I've used Panamoz for quite a while, last time was over a year ago, but the customer service was excellent as usual.

£475?

Unfortunately you've overpaid by quite a margin.

The EOS M, 18-55, flash and adapter is currently £299 from Jessops or WEX (and you get a UK model with proper warranty).

The 22mm is available new from UK sellers on eBay for around £90.

The whole price of your kit, if you had bought in the UK would therefore have been £389.

Last edited:
£475?

Unfortunately you've overpaid by quite a margin.

The EOS M, 18-55, flash and adapter is currently £299 from Jessops or WEX (and you get a UK model with proper warranty).

The 22mm is available new from UK sellers on eBay for around £90.

The whole price of your kit, if you had bought in the UK would therefore have been £389.

But the whole point is I wont need to pay the duty and vat as Panamoz will pay it anyway, or reimburse me straight away, so the total I'll have to pay is £373.45 and it'll all have a 2 year warranty. Jessops and WEX have it at £299 after cashback, which means I have to wait for a cheque or whatever, and they both have the 22mm STM M-Mount at £195 (I wont use ebay for lenses anymore after having a major problem with one recently) and I would want to get the extra lens at the same time instead of waiting for it to be delivered separately, and even with the free adapter it would cost £544 over the counter and wait for the £50 back. That's if there even was a Jessops or WEX in my local town to get it from and if they had it in stock. Or I'd have to order it and wait for it to be delivered like I have now but still pay more from the UK than I will from HK. I will in 'NO WAY' attempt to dodge the vat and import duty but even if I have to pay on the day I wont have to wait as long for the refund from Panamoz as I would for the cashback from Canon.

As for warranty problems, that's why I wont use ebay for any more lenses as I had a major problem with one recently, however the only other time I've had a warranty claim was from Panamoz and the service from them was excellent. I had a brand new Sigma 150-500 OS delivered after 11 days from the first time I contacted Panamoz to tell them I had a problem.

Modchild, I hope your son loves the setup and that's what matters :)
Dave, why the hell put a downer on that. Shame on you.

Dave, why the hell put a downer on that. Shame on you.

Are you on something?

This is a forum, as in topics are debated. Prices and deals are discussed daily. My God, get a grip!

No, you get a grip.

Stuart was happy with his lot and you felt the need to go off an research how he could have got it cheaper, not before he'd made his purchase (which would have been useful) but after when its too late and nothing was to be gained.
He did not ask for this, he was happy, you however didn't like that so decided to spoil his fun.

Find something better to do, there a big world out there full of all sorts of pastimes that aren't based off making others unhappy.

Stuart was happy with his lot and you felt the need to go off an research how he could have got it cheaper,

So you can see what I'm doing? How do you know I had to "go off an (sic) research" it. I can assure you I had no need to go off anywhere or do any research.

not before he'd made his purchase (which would have been useful) but after when its too late and nothing was to be gained.

Unfortunately, unlike you, I don't read minds, if he had posted his intention to buy BEFORE he bought it, then perhaps I could have pointed out the cheaper UK price.

He did not ask for this, he was happy, you however didn't like that so decided to spoil his fun.

Some more mind reading on your part? He posted on a forum, so by participating on a forum it's pretty apparent that he just might have been expecting an answer. I hate to break it to you, but that's how a forum works. If people didn't answer posts, the whole idea of forums would fail ever so slightly.

Find something better to do, there a big world out there full of all sorts of pastimes that aren't based off making others unhappy.

Take your own advice, you aren't the local forum monitor, you have no right or authority to decide whether someone else posts in a manner you like or dislike. If you don't like a post, ignore it.

When they make you a moderator you can comment on other users posts if they break the rules. As it is, you really need to shut up and move along. Your nose isn't welcome when it gets stuck into things that aren't your business.

My comments aren't welcome... Okay...
I'll do one last mind reading session and know that you know what I was getting at and move on to something more fun than responding to you... going to work :)

Btw, when did I ever say anything about the rules or about wanting to be a mod (FYI I have been a mod, not here obviously and its not fun dealing with all the little hissy fits)

Last edited:
I'm trying to order from them now via bank transfer. Just waiting for a reply about changing my address, the initial invoice came through within 15 minutes but its been hours now for a reply about my address.

I received my EOS M on monday and I also got a bill for duty that had to be paid to the UPS delivery driver. I had enough cash to pay for it, but I could of paid by cheque if I could of found the cheque book, so I got the camera no problem. I emailed Panamoz and enclosed a scanned copy of the receipt the next morning and within 15 minutes I received an email asking if I wanted the refund by BACS or Paypal, I replied saying I would prefer BACS and got another email within 15 minutes saying the refund would be payed shortly. I checked on my online banking less than 5 minutes later, for something else entirely, and I noticed the refund had already come through.

For all the people doubting Panamoz and their service I have to say I cannot fault them in any way. As per their website they refund any duty you have to pay, much faster than I could of expected, the parcel was labelled correctly again as Photo Camera Device and the delivery was made in 4 working days. The total cost for the kit, the EOS M body, 22mm f2 STM, 18-55 IS STM, 90EX flash and EOS M-EF/EF-S adapter, including a 2 year warranty was £373.45 which does work out cheaper than buying from Jessops or WEX and getting the Canon cashback. Even getting that from Jessops or WEX for £299 after cashback and getting a separate 22mm lens off ebay costs around £390-400 and you only get 1 year warranty and then have to wait for the cashback from Canon.

Let's hope they reply to me tomorrow other wise I will go else where.

Slightly disingenuous Stuart, with regard to warranty. Buying from Jessops/WEX gives you a 12 month warranty with the UK retailer and Canon UK that is backed up by statutory obligations. Buying from Panamoz gets you a 24 month "promise" that a retailer in Hong Kong will pay for a repair if they need to.

Other than that, sounds like a good deal, and kudos to Panamoz for finally operating on a more legit basis with regard to customs declaration and tax obligations. It sounds like they have turned the corner from dodgy to responsible retailer.

By the way, your HK package actually works out about £20 cheaper than a UK package, I suppose when it all goes well it can be ok to deal that way. For some, I think the security of the proper UK warranty with the manufacturer could be worth £20.

By the way, your HK package actually works out about £20 cheaper than a UK package, I suppose when it all goes well it can be ok to deal that way. For some, I think the security of the proper UK warranty with the manufacturer could be worth £20.

Can you get the EOS-M body, 18-55, 22 f2, adapter and flash for less than £400?

Can you get the EOS-M body, 18-55, 22 f2, adapter and flash for less than £400?

Yes, the EOS M, adapter, flash and 18-55 is currently £299, and there are retailers (in the UK) on eBay selling the 22mm f2 for around £90 last time I looked.

Well got my reply this morning and transferred the funds. Should i expect a confirmation or will the next email be the tracking number?

Yes, the EOS M, adapter, flash and 18-55 is currently £299, and there are retailers (in the UK) on eBay selling the 22mm f2 for around £90 last time I looked.

Who's selling them for £299? I may be interested in getting one as a present at that price.

WEX or Jessops as per Daves post.

they are selling them for £349? i see they have a cashback offer, but was interested in where they were actually for sale at £299...

they are selling them for £349? i see they have a cashback offer, but was interested in where they were actually for sale at £299...

£349 - £50 back = ???

Answers on a postcard please ;).

I'll even add a clue for those who don't have maths as a strength ;)

d9d39d9fb5e0f2ac4b211a65398ac468_zps576412f4.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps people here are confused!!! Im pretty sure it says "you pay £349 today...."

Youre wrong about one thing Dave, I got my Canon cashback within a week and a bit.

LOL, with him trying to be difficult I thought about the longest they've taken to process cashback. Wouldn't want another pedantic point to argue about ;).

I was aware of the canon cashback before this thread, and have been looking at Eos M prices. The best price in the shops is £349. When it was mentioned in this thread that the are currently £299, i was very interested. However, after clarification it has been noted that the £299 price is after cashback.

No need to allege i am trying to be difficult pedantic, i am being neither.

I ordered a Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 VC on Thursday morning, arrived yesterday (Monday) afternoon. Had to pay £29.14 import duty to the courier which I emailed Panamoz about last night and when I woke up this morning the refund had already been made. Brilliant service, brilliant price. Very happy customer :)

My order also arrived yesterday, had a £29.74 charge.

Edit: Just got my refund on the import tax this second. Excellent company definitely be using them in the future.

Last edited:
I ordered a Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 VC on Thursday morning, arrived yesterday (Monday) afternoon. Had to pay £29.14 import duty to the courier which I emailed Panamoz about last night and when I woke up this morning the refund had already been made. Brilliant service, brilliant price. Very happy customer :)

holy crap you mean the 70-200VC is only £145.70 at Panamoz :eek: - where did i put the drastic plastic

I ordered a Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 VC on Thursday morning, arrived yesterday (Monday) afternoon. Had to pay £29.14 import duty to the courier

Good point made by Pete. Exactly what did Panamoz declare as the item and value on the Customs declaration?

Total customs value (CIF):£703.00

- Duty:£47.10
- VAT:£150.02
Total import duty & taxes due:£197.12

Last edited:
Sorry guys, have absolutely no wish to get into the rights and wrongs of buying from overseas. Each to their own and all that. I was merely commenting on the efficiency of their customer service.

Dont worry about them, they have been spamming the thread for ages, bit sore because we choose to pay less than they want us to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back