is the horizon straight i don't think they are

Not 100% sure myself (if they are level or not) but I do like No.2, the reflections are lovely as are the colours in the leaves below the water. I also like the B&W conversion on No.3, works well with the mist.
Not quite as keen on 5 or 6, they just don't grab me like the others.

What camera did you use (sorry can't accress Flickr at work as I.T. block access!). What I did discover the other day was that my D7000 has a vitual horizon you can bring up on the LCD. I'll never have a wonkey horizon again!

I too have struggled with this sort of thing in the past, it is difficult to get a straight horizon when the horizon doesn't follow one plane, as is this case here.
Forget the horizon and correct the verticals instead, I had a quick play with your first two and it does the job nicely.

Hope it helps

Paul

what do you mean verticals rotate image sorry if i sound thick ha

No worry just checked number 1 its straight for me if you want to move image/ rotate image / arbitrary then pick clockwise or counter clockwise and type in a degree number.

If you do wide shots be a bit wary using vertical say polls on the bridge they may not be straight in real life

Just so you know i am only running CS5 may vary from CS6

Allan (y)

The bottom/set point of a reflection should be in a straight vertical line with the top/set point of the object thats making the reflection.

Hi hope this helps used the PS transform tool so as to get horizon and bridge pools

str8c.jpg

My favourite is the second shoot. Horizons can be deceptive with shots like these and it seems the more you 'stare' at the photo the harder it is to decide so you end up tweaking it several times.This last image, tweaked by Allan, does seem better on the eye.

They must be level as all the water would be to one side :LOL::LOL::LOL:

seriously though they look OK to me

Last edited:
Thanks for replay funny game this never came across this before well just learning thanks

Back