Is there a EOS 1D Mark IV owners thread? i.e. any tips or tricks

Edit My Images
Yes
I have tried searching, but could not locate an "owners", "appreciation" "tips n tricks" or similar thread for the ID Mark IV. I am going to be using one this weekend and wanted to see if there are any tips on how best to set it up.

I currently use a EOS 7D, so assume that most of the controls and menus will be fairly similar? My current use is portrait/macro, but do want to migrate to taking BIF and more actions shots in low light conditions.

The lack of a mode dial appears to be the biggest change from my 7D.....

If your struggling with setting the AI Servo Custom Function, then people will tell you to read this PDF from Canon.

My tip is get Canon to send you the actual booklet, much easier to read than an on screen pdf. To be honest I don't know why they have not put a copy in with each new camera.

I have tried searching, but could not locate an "owners", "appreciation" "tips n tricks" or similar thread for the ID Mark IV. I am going to be using one this weekend and wanted to see if there are any tips on how best to set it up.

I currently use a EOS 7D, so assume that most of the controls and menus will be fairly similar? My current use is portrait/macro, but do want to migrate to taking BIF and more actions shots in low light conditions.

The lack of a mode dial appears to be the biggest change from my 7D.....

What are you going to be shooting ? What lens ?

What are you going to be shooting ? What lens ?

For BIF would like to be able to use a 70-200mm F2.8 Mark II plus extenders to increase reach, but the main lens I would probably use is the Canon 24-105mm for portrait work.

If your struggling with setting the AI Servo Custom Function, then people will tell you to read this PDF from Canon.

My tip is get Canon to send you the actual booklet, much easier to read than an on screen pdf. To be honest I don't know why they have not put a copy in with each new camera.

Good link and it makes using AI Servo and the tracking sensitivity adjustments easier to understand than the manual. The tips in there will also apply to my 7D. (y)

Good link and it makes using AI Servo and the tracking sensitivity adjustments easier to understand than the manual. The tips in there will also apply to my 7D. (y)

Reading the last page was the first time I've understood at all what C.FnI-14 was about.

If you search the nature and birding forums there are lots of
people who give details of the custom settings that they use,
some with explanations of why they use those settings.

Davol

Back